I lost my parents today cause of the Dubs...Uggggh!!

by FreedomFrog 43 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I was thinking that perhaps you could arrange to meet your mom halfway to let her see your children. She could pick them up at a halfway point and then later that same day or the next return them. That way the drive would not be too far for either of you.

That's a good idea...I'll send her a letter and run that past her..

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Terrible. Really, I'm sorry for you and your children. They are still trapped in the cult and aren't thinking straight, but that doesn't help you or your children.

BUT you've saved your kids from a life in the cult. Good for you.

Merry XMAS

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

(((((((((((((((FF)))))))))))))))))

Another reminder as to why I hate this cult.

Jeff

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Yeah, they really know how to tear families apart, don't they?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yes, but there is a "catch" to it. Since she doesn't feel right coming here because of my choices she feels it's my obligation to drive 2 hours each time there and I would have to drop them off and leave.

I don't understand. These are your children yet she's the one who is trying to decide what the rules are regarding access? Regarding your children, you are the one with authority. You should be making the rules and she should be obeying them. Period.

First and foremost, she should not be permitted to teach your children, either by word or by example, that shunning you or disrespecting you in any way is acceptable. It's not. I also think it's a mistake to allow a JW unsupervised access to children. They will try to turn your kids against you, and teach your kids that you're "wicked" and dead meat at armageddon.

It's sad that your parents are shunning you, but don't let them teach your kids to do the same.

W

• unhappy
    unhappy

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((FREEDOMFROG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, hugs to you and Sierra.

• Gill
    Gill

So sorry to hear your news FF! Many hugs to you!

It is so bizarre that family members can feel that you are 'unsuitable' to associate with just because you no longer wish to go to the KH! Sad to see how controlled they are. My MIL and FIL shun us all, even our little seven year old. They only live a hundred yards up the road from us, but if they see us they turn their backs on us! At least your mother still wants to see your children, though you must not allow her to see them on her own. You MUST be there with them. Make sure you make that a condition of continued access.

Take care, FF!!

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm glad you're dealing with it as well as you are... Me, I'd tell her if she wanted to see her grandchildren she would be welcome, but in my home and no mention of watchtower stuff, ever!

You know if your mother feels she has to cut ties with you, she will also feel the need to "save" her grandchildren.

This is only my personal oppinion, but please be careful. I'd makesure the kids knew grands were welcome at any time, but they refuse to visit.

Best,

Bryan

• zagor
    zagor

Just want to say I feel for you there, been with my own family through the same crup, but they came around eventually, so might yours too.

Either way, just want to wish you a verry merry Christmas :)

(((((((((((((((((((((FF)))))))))))))))))))))))

John

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I'm so sorry Gina. I guess we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Personally, I think they'll come around. -Dianne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit