I lost my parents today cause of the Dubs...Uggggh!!

by FreedomFrog 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

Freedom Frog,

Sorry to hear the news. What was it you did? Murder, drink too much, drug addict?

Oh yeah, that's right, you don't believe as they do....

I call it sectarian biggotry.

...and to think they've convinced themselve, via the Tower, that it's your fault the family has broken up.

Best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((((((((((((((((freedomfrog)))))))))))))))

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    So why did she feel she could talk with you before? I just consider it emotional blackmail.

She said that her conscience has been bothering her and she can't do this anymore and serve the true Jehobah crap. She was crying as well. I said "Mom, I love you and Dad very much but my conscience would bother me if I went back..I don't believe their teachings". I also told her that my home is always open to her and she can see the grand babies whenever...

Anyway..I'm ok, just more stupid Drama that a freakin church has to throw at people. I'm not sure what to tell Zach cause this will make him very upset. He's been worried about this day coming. I have tonight and tomorrow to think how I'm gonna tell him.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Byran..you are absolutely right...she blamed me for breaking the family up EVEN after I told her that I will always be here for her. (Sigh)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

I like the way you handled it. I know it must have been hard.

At least you had the foresight to know that it was coming.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Freedomfrog: I SOOO feel for you!!!! Big hugs and love. You'll get through....

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I also am sorry you have to go through this, but I think you handled yourself in a loving way toward your parents. You should be proud of the way you handled yourself in such an emotionally charged conversation.

Leslie

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thanks all...for the comforting words. On the positive note...this morning my Uncle that I haven't seen in over 20years called and we talked for close to 3 hours catching up. His spirituality is very close to mine. I didn't realize that I had more Native American in me than what I did. He said that's why I've been feeling at peace with my path. I get to spend Christmas day with my kids, my newly found Uncle and Aunt Jenny (whom I've never met) and my first cousin I didn't even know I had and last but not least my wonderful Grandmother. My cousin is about the same age as I am. Christmas day will be a wonderful new family reunion. On top of it all, my Uncle only lives 20 mins from me which I was unaware of. My parents shielded us from them because they were more on the Paganism route.

I think it's an interesting timing because Mom didn't know I was going because we just made the plans this morning and my parents haven't seen Grandma (or heard from her) since last week.

Anyway, thanks again for the encouragement. I may be on here with help for Zach cause I think this will crush him.

Love all of you,

Froggy

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((FF))) So sorry

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

((((((((FreedomFrog)))))))

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest