Dec KM indicates extreme paranoia over booking hotels NOT on the list

by truthseeker 67 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, preparations for the second DC series I'll not be attending are already underway? But I only just left those guys!!

• seawolf
    seawolf

We almost always stayed at hotels that weren't on the list. Why? Because we couldn't understand why the nice hotel right across the street was NEVER on the list! Of course the list had massive amounts of hotels that were at the far reaches of the universe. So we always stayed at the nice hotel across the street, usually on the luxury floors at the top so we'd get all the free food and private elevators.

I found it humerous how there were quite a few other witnesses that were staying there, too....

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

But Gary, the WTS doesn't want the rank and file to know they have free rooms while the R&F have to pay. I want everyone to think they are paying also.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    i never heard any such thing or saw any action taken about people going "out" for their refreshments or food.

Well, come to soutwestern ontario, Canada and this is exactly what is done. For the last few years a few months before the Kitchner district convention a letter is read telling the r&f NOT to go out to get their lunch and if they do go out to put it in a generic bag. Apparently the stadium vendors have been raising a fuss because of the business they are losing by being closed during the JW conventions. wanna

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The WTS has to address these comments to the lowest common denominator, and assume that there are some people among the R&F for whom the annual DC is the highlight of their paltry existence. To the rest of us, the amount of detail in the instructions is unnecessary and a complete insult to our intelligence.

Scully: Thank you for saying this much better than I did.

Scully's post is right on the money; she clearly knows how it works.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• Mattieu
  • eyeslice
    eyeslice

Interesting topic.

Assemblies have always been a bit of an eye opener for me. There are so many rules; usually for the rank and file - as per "do I as I say not as I do".

If you wanted to attend an assembly abroad, you were strongly discouraged from making your own travel arrangements. I can understand if you don't travel with an official party then you cannot be an official delegate. But if you you weren't bothered about the 'delegate' bit and you simply wanted to see another culture then I could never see any thing wrong with that.

When I served in India, there were brothers and sister who had travelled for a day by train. They stayed in a cellar sleeping on a concrete floor. We visited them down there every day and took drinks and goodies for the kids - I never saw the DO, CO or Bethel reps down there though. I guess they were too busy arranging the the assembly for that, no just a minute, I was looking after the attendants, the parking, the washroom and first aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit