Could satan be the good guy?

by LtCmd.Lore 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

lol

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

That Tower of Babel thing always made me wonder... 'why would god do that unless he felt threatened?'

Evidently Satan wasn't completely wrong, right?

Well, no. God didn't feel threatened. Look at us now. Technology is more advanced than ever before and we have even sent men to the moon and back many times. And have we been able to achieve peace among every human being? No. Can we build a Tower of Babel that reaches up to the heavens now that technology is way more advanced than it was at the time of the Tower of Babel? No.

Again, God didn't cause the wars of the nations. Yes, I made a mistake by not excluding the wars of the Israelites but you should've understood that what I meant was the wars that had nothing to do with Israel because God chose the Jews as His people back then and he wanted to protect them and give them a piece of land where they could live peacefully. Since he created the earth, he had ever right to give them any piece of land he wanted. He had every right to expell the Canaanites and the others as he pleased. But he didn't cause Hitler to kill the Jews nor did he cause the death of Archduke Ferdinand.

Also, Adam's and Eve imperfection was a result of their disobeying God's command. God didn't make them imperfect just bcz he wanted to. He did prevent them from eating from the tree of life because that way he would show them that they needed him and his protection. They were no longer perfect and as a result they died and grew old. And yeah, I'll explain to you how that works. Aren't you funny? You can call in all the scientists of the world and ask them to explain the process to you and the why of it and see if they can explain. they can't because no one knows exactly how it happens. Obviously, you can't ask someone to "prove" you something would've happened if that something din't happen in the first place. Would there have been a Holocaust if Hitler hadn't existed or come up with the idea? Sure the Jews have been persecuted through history but never to such an extent as during WWII.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Ltcm.Lore,

I beg to differ. The laungage barrier is just that, a barrier, and it has caused problems all through human history. What more can I say?

Language differences is not what causes wars. Was it language difference/barrier that caused war between England and the 13 colonies? Spain and its colonies? France and England? No. It was the greed of one of the groups or what was considered unfair treatment by the other group of people, many of whom spoke the same language and shared a very similar culture/heritage.

Religious wars have been caused by people too not God - again, excluding the wars of the Israelites which technically weren't religous wars because God himself told them treat the foreigners with kindness. It was the surrounding nations' hostility towards the Jews that made God throw them out of the Holy Land. The religious wars between Christians and Muslims and Jews have no biblical basis. It was people motivated. Jesus expressly said to his disciples to be peaceful. He was disobeyed. They wanted to have control of a land that didn't belong to them.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• freetosee
    freetosee

Then came the wisest of all creatures, who was called Beast. And when he saw the likeness of their mother Eve he said to her, "What did God say to you? Was it 'Do not eat from the tree of knowledge'?" She said, "He said not only, 'Do not eat from it', but, 'Do not touch it, lest you die.'" He said to her, "Do not be afraid. In death you shall not die. For he knows that when you eat from it, your intellect will become sober and you will come to be like gods, recognizing the difference that obtains between evil men and good ones. Indeed, it was in jealousy that he said this to you, so that you would not eat from it."

Now Eve had confidence in the words of the instructor. She gazed at the tree and saw that it was beautiful and appetizing, and liked it; she took some of its fruit and ate it; and she gave some also to her husband, and he too ate it. Then their intellect became open. For when they had eaten, the light of knowledge had shone upon them. When they clothed themselves with shame, they knew that they were naked of knowledge. When they became sober, they saw that they were naked and became enamored of one another. When they saw that the ones who had modelled them had the form of beasts, they loathed them: they were very aware.

Then when the rulers knew that they had broken their commandments, they entered Paradise and came to Adam and Eve with earthquake and great threatening, to see the effect of the aid. Then Adam and Eve trembled greatly and hid under the trees in Paradise. Then the rulers did not know where they were and said, "Adam, where are you?" He said, "I am here, for through fear of you I hid, being ashamed." And they said to him ignorantly, "Who told you about the shame with which you clothed yourself? - unless you have eaten from that tree!" He said, "The woman whom you gave me - it is she that gave to me and I ate." Then they said to the latter, "What is this that you have done?" She answered and said, "It is the instructor who urged me on, and I ate."

Then the rulers came up to the instructor. Their eyes became misty because of him, and they could not do anything to him. They cursed him, since they were powerless. Afterwards, they came up to the woman and cursed her and her offspring. After the woman, they cursed Adam, and the land because of him, and the crops; and all things they had created, they cursed. They have no blessing. Good cannot result from evil.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/origin.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit