What do I do with all this WT literature?

by LennyinBluemont 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

We have tons of bound volumes, bound KMs and many books. I only plan on keeping a few of the older books with the really insane, humiliating crap, like sewing machines being a sign of the last days. What should I do with the rest? Giant bonfire? Haul it to the dump? Can I get anything on Ebay for it? Anybody here interested? All suggestions appreciated.

Lenny

• skyking
    skyking

I am saving mine for using as weapons. Some of the most powerful weapon I have is the old publications.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am in favor of the giant bonfire. It gives closure. You can get money on ebay for the older stuff, though.
    It's not really wrong to sell the mind-control cult books, because the people buying them are either
    convinced and need these ridiculous books to open their eyes, or they are ex-JW's or faders looking for a
    certain book. Either way, it's not wrong.

I have some older stuff in a closet. I may one day try selling it on ebay.

• carla
    carla

If you don't want to take the time to sell them on ebay please, please donate them to an anticult ministry of some sort. Or see if Randy at Freeminds want them to sell on his site. Most jw's will not accept printouts from the internet when trying to show them the flip flops.

• RR
    RR

Ebay is best. Just make a list of everything you have and sell it to the highest bidder as one lump.

RR

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I am doing mine bit by bit on Yahoo! auctions. While a bonfire can be cathartic for some,
    I was a private tutor for 12 years, and burning books is something that goes against my inner core.
    There is no publication without some kind of scholarly value to someone.

Yahoo! Auctions has no charge for listing (right now), and you can use PayPal.

Here is an example auction of mine - short and sweet:
    http://auctions.yahoo.com/auction/215219325

Note the Yahoo ID so you know who to look for. I was a MS Pioneer for most of the 90s.

• RR
    RR

Yahoo is okay, but not much activity

We moved back in July and my library been in boxes since, just got the basement finished and will be setting up my library, and will definitely downsize my 6,000 plus books. As my library is digitalized, I will auction them off.

RR

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

The stuff won't burn. I've tried. Damn demunz.

Kwin

• XU
    XU

rolling papers for life

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Save it in case of a nuclear attack. Use it as insulation against radiation. Books piled about 3 feet high will act as a radiation barrier from the fall out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit