Introducing myself! Come say hi!

by Sparlocks_Apprentice 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Welcome Sparlocks_Apprentice! Great to have you here!
  • Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice
    @Dagney Thank you :D
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome! I wish I had the presence of mind to see this cult for what it was at your age. Would've made a whole host of things easier. When you're only starting to build your life, it's much easier to start over from scratch than when you've already got one with some momentum behind it. Well done!

If you ever need a listening ear, feel free to PM me.

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice
    @FayeDunaway Yeah. After that convention, my little sister wanted to sell almost ALL her video games... including Mario Bros... I was so disgusted. :/ But now I hear she has a Pokemon game.. my mom was TOTALLY against pokemon when we were little. Because Poke (Pocket) Mon (monsters = Demons)... and they EVOLVE. But yeah, no, she has one now.
  • Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@OneEyedJoe

Even though I could see how messed up everything was, I still had the fear in the back of my mind that they were right and I was going to die at armageddon because I so wished to go to my "worldly" friends birthdays parties or even just hang out at their houses and celebrate holidays... I have no guilt what so ever now though. This will be my first Easter and fourth of July this year. I didn't get to celebrate them the couple past years before. And I get to go to Anime Conventions now... if you know what that is. XD I'm a dork but I'm a happy dork.

And thank you I appreciate it.. I'm quite glad too. I can live my young adult life the way I want to! My 21st birthday was a blast as you can imagine. ;) HA!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Welcome! You sound like an amazing young lady!.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    And I get to go to Anime Conventions now... if you know what that is.

Haha, while I'm not really into all that much, I'm certainly enough of a nerd to know what that is. It's ridiculous all the trivial rules in this cult that seem designed only to rob you of all of life's little pleasures and all of your individuality.

It's always great to see another person who's able to escape and life a genuine and guilt-free life out of this cult. Living well is the best revenge!

• SoJo16
    SoJo16
    I left when I was 18. I'm now mid-thirties, and it's the best decision I ever made. Welcome.
  • Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@Magwitch

Thank you. I love your cat. <3 I'm a total cat person!

@OneEyedJoe

Haha it's nice to know SOMEONE knows. :) Right? I feel like I can totally be myself now. Ever seen Mulan? The song "reflection" I think fits well with lots of witnesses hiding their true selves... especially born-ins. The pressure to be perfect and "fit in" with the rest of God's "sheep".

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@SoJo16

Glad to hear you're happy with your decision!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit