Introducing myself! Come say hi!

by Sparlocks_Apprentice 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210
    Hi and welcome. Love your sparkly personality!
  • Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@Millie210

Thank you Millie C:

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Ever seen Mulan? The song "reflection" I think fits well with lots of witnesses hiding their true selves... especially born-ins. The pressure to be perfect and "fit in" with the rest of God's "sheep".

I don't think I ever saw that one. At the time, as I recall, the elders in my congregation were busily demonizing that particular movie for one thing or another haha. I think I've seen other people on here reference the same thing, though. It's amazing how many songs and books take on a whole new meaning to you once you wake up from the lies of the cult.

There's a girl I work with that I think you'd get along with. She makes a yearly trip out to some anime convention and always makes her own costume.

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

Well here's a demonic song for ya then ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BtlAw4trg

For real though!! The world is so different when you learn TTATT.

Oh really?? I haven't quite figured out my costume yet but there's a convention up in Seattle called Sakura con that's in less than a couple months and I am totally going. She MAKES her costumes?? That's awesome there's a lot of respect in the anime community for people who make their costumes instead of buy them.. though I buy mine. XD

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@OneEyedJoe

Or Second Chance by Shinedown... makes me think of when I finally said bye

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome Sparlocks. You are most lucky to be out at that young an age. You've got the rest of your life ahead of you. Like the saying from Star Trek goes, live well and prosper.

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@Village Idiot

Thank you I would say so too ;) I'm going to live it up! Thats for sure!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here, too. I live in the anime capital of the world. I'm not really into it, though. Right now my kid is obsessed with Tamagocchi and Anpanman. Even the wife is into it as she likes One Piece. Someday I will tell my story. For now, Yokoso!

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@Bonsai

You do?? I'm so envious!! I can only imagine how strange it would be to be a witness in Japan...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Welcome! I got out at 19. I have always lived my adult life exactly as I wanted. I found a great "worldly" guy and we've been married for 22 years! Can you imagine dating a Witness? *shudders*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit