Introducing myself! Come say hi!

by Sparlocks_Apprentice 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Both of my grandmother's converted.... My parents talked and decided to have me live with my grandmother.

So, both of your grandmothers apostatized from the religions of their birth. Your family shouldn't be surprised that you left the JWs, you are following in their footsteps.

And WELCOME!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The song titles escape me, but foo fighters 'what if I say I'm not like the others, what if I say I'm not just another one of your plays, you're the pretender, what if I say I will never surrender!!!'

Muse 'they will not control us! we will be victorious!' (Every single word of that song)

And more wistfully, john Lennon (wheels) 'no longer riding on the merry go round, I just had to let it go'

Also I just heard a new foo fighters song, quite angry, called 'Congregation'...I couldn't understand all the words, but I've got to look them up. Was Grohl raised a witness??? Lol

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@GrreatTeacher

I am actually dating a non-witness boy as of now. He is a great guy and I couldn't imagine marrying a witness man... what a sexist environment!! I'm glad to hear you're happy. :D I know I am!

@Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Haha thanks for the warm welcome. :D

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@FayeDunaway

Shinedown Second Chance

"Tell my mother, tell my father I've done the best I can. To make them realise this is my life I hope they understand. I'm not angry I'm just saying.. sometimes goodbye is a second chance"

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Mmm, yes. We tried so hard to be good girls and good boys.

Had to finally grow up and live our own lives.

That goodbye part... :(

ive pinned down what I hate most about the religion.

it tears families apart.

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@FayeDunaway

I totally agree. My friend Morgan, her mom is Christian and she keeps shoving religion down her throat ever since she came out to her mom and told her she was Bi. Her mom was like "Why are you trying to tear us apart?!"

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wow :( as if someone could help who they fall in love with.

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten
    Welcome Sparlock's Apprentice. Great story. Looking forward to hearing about the next chapter of your life!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At 21 years of age, the next best decision you can make for your life in the future, if you haven't done so already, is get an education. You mention more than once about being "poor" in your childhood. Time to break outta that for you and your kiddos.

Doc

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@FayeDunaway

I know right?? :/ People these days...

@Gone and forgotten

Thank you :D I appreciate the kind welcome from all of you lovely people!

@DesirousOfChange

Already way ahead of you. I'm looking into being a paraeducator and going into art school as well. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit