Introducing myself! Come say hi!

by Sparlocks_Apprentice 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

Hello all you wonderful people on the "evil" interwebs. ;)

I'm joining this site once again because I forgot my old username and such. I like the new layout!

My username is what it is because that was the last convention I went to. They handed out that mind numbing video on being "Jehovah's friend".

I'm a born in. Both of my grandmother's converted when both of my parents were young so all of my immediate family are JWs. I left a couple years ago. I am 21 years old. I have never really been "in". I hated the whole thing since I was 5. Having to wear skirts when it was cold, having to fake a smile for the people I really didn't care to see all too much and i if I had any real choice I wouldn't have associated with them in the first place.

I grew up kind of poor. My dad had a job where he would be away one or two weeks at a time and be home on the weekends. We did go to meetings kind of frequently when I was little but eventually we just stopped going altogether. My mom has social anxiety and health issues so she never took us. So, as you could obviously guess we weren't exactly in "good standing". The funny thing is, it took them until I was about 18 for them to "reach out" and ask about us. My mom was definitely more strict than my dad was when it came to the doctrines. Though my dad believes in it, he is a really laid back pretty liberal witness. If it wasn't for him I never would have been able to get into the Legend of Zelda games which were a very big part of my childhood.. he played them as often as he could really.

I was a shy individual and kind of being on the poor side, I didn't really have any friends in the congregation, and not being able to hang out with "worldly kids" from school (who were better than any JW friends I ever had) I was a loner and only had my siblings to keep me company and interact with. I didn't get my first "friend" until 5th grade. We went to the same school together. I noticed she hadn't saluted the flag in the morning so I asked her if she was a Jehovah's witness (of course she was). My mom called her mom and the rest was history. She was a bossy individual and I felt she used me at times. But I was in no position to pass up "friends" or any other social interaction that didn't come from my siblings. We eventually drifted apart however...

My mother discovered the "apostate material" I had been reading and found out I had wanted to leave. My parents talked and decided to have me live with my grandmother. Now don't get me wrong, I love my grandmother always will but... she's a very gossipy lady who ADORES the spotlight. Anyway I ended up going to her hall and making another friend. She was a great girl! We had a lot in common. Eventually she confided in me that she was having certain feelings about the "truth" and I confided in her about mine (carefully though because she was still showing signs of believing somewhat). I miss her to this day...

After quite a bit of time I moved out of my grandmother's place and made it clear I wasn't interested in being in the religion anymore. I was never baptised so my family still talks to me (well my mom does anyway) but not in a buddy - buddy type situation of course.

I'm happy with the decision I made though. I love being able to be who I am and not having to be afraid to say what I think because my friends will leave me. I am now a very outgoing person and I have a lot of non-witness people who truly care about me. :)

I would add a bit more but I don't want to bore you guys to death!! Tell me about everything that's changed!! I know the bible colors are different now... So yeah, talk away! Looking for new friends. :)

• Divergent
    Divergent

Wow, great story... welcome to the site (again)! Will be glad to be your friend =)

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Thank you :D I appreciate it!!
  • suavojr
    suavojr

Well welcome back girl! Mi casa es su casa... seriously, you know this place is full of great people and not so great lol Your story is so similar and unique at the same time, I'm happy that you have escaped and now enjoying life at a young age.

Things in the WT/JW whacky world is just whacky! the GB fired Satan as Gog of Magog character since people needed a new villain. We now have new and upgraded bibles because Christendom has easier bibles to understand. We now preach but don't preach, since we stand next to singing carts acting as a Greek statues, minus the straight face because our faces reflects pure boredom. The GB is auditioning for the next JW News network, but so far Fox News is still ahead in the Nielsen Ratings. In the meantime congregations are getting fleeced for more and more money, child abused victims are getting paid but you did not hear that from us! GB says...

Jdubs continue to push literature sprinkled with doomsday ingredients and kids and old farts are enjoying iPads and iPhones during the meetings, ah the blessings from mr. big J himself! We are all happyfied! Speaking of happy, bethel kids are all Happy @ Bethel now. Rock on Pharrell since Michael Jackson was demon possessed.

That's the way the cookie crumbles!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

You were in more recently than I was, so I'm afraid I can't update you on stuff as well as others here. I've heard a few references to 'sparlock' and have no idea what that means, so fill ME in :)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    And welcome!!
  • suavojr
    suavojr

BTW I'm also looking for good friends but not because you agree with me... feel free to send me a PM anytime

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice

@FayeDunaway

Here's the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw8dYEtFVrQ

@suavojr Thanks :) I'm glad to know I'm getting off to a good start here!

• Sparlocks_Apprentice
    Sparlocks_Apprentice
    @FayeDunaway get to 8:12 to get to the Sparlock part
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Ok I could only watch half a minute of that. It's been 5 years since Ive had to listen to witness propaganda and can't take it. Now I get it about sparlock.

The moms face when she says 'oh, your FRIEND gave this to you.' Totally freaky. Like the part in LOTR when Frodos sees Bilbo turning crazy over the ring 'it's MINE!' ...when she says it, a quick ugly dark shadow passes over her face. I can't believe they are showing kids this stuff. horrid brainwashing of children. As if the friend was EVIL...no, the mom is evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit