"Jehovah God"

by Jeffro 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Jeffro, you replied when my post had the comment of "Partial update". It now is fully updated and in it I quoted your words of "though on the phone they had told me it would be announced that I had disassociated". Please reload the page to see the finalized version of the post.

Furthermore, in that post dated to 17 years ago you said 6 months ago earlier you claimed that you had "no status with the organization", thus indicating to me that you considered yourself to had already officially left the organization by then. But perhaps you meant you had 'faded' out of the organization by then (and thus had unofficially left by then), or perhaps you meant something else.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

What is your point, other than some kind of idiotic witchhunt? You posted incorrect details about me, then tried to cover with the fact that some JWs decided to do something that I explicitly stated in writing that they were not to do. And the entirely separate early posts that mentioned my website didn't link to the wordpress domain.

Getting close to that complaint to Simon.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Jeffro I posted what I had thought was correct, from what I had read a few days ago in a hurry (while at my place of work in the break room). I then I replied to your comments saying I lied and I admitted I had some errors in what I said, as a result of me drawing a partially incorrect conclusion and due to having errors in my memory. It was no witch hunt. I wish I had disassociated myself from the religion (provided I wouldn't be shunned by JW familty), but I haven't done so due to having very close family members who are JWs. If you did voluntarily officially quit being a JW while having one or more JW family members, then I consider you very courageous for having done so. [About 10 years ago I wrote up two tentative letters of disassociation to the WT, but I never mailed them.] I was trying to figure out why you are so hyper critical about the precise wording people use when writing about the Bible and the WT, and thus I did research and asked you questions about such.

The post I made referred to your post at https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/126189/blogs which says "If you want to have a look, or you're just feeling particularly bored, it's here." The code for that link says http://jeffreyd.no-ip.com/wordpress and it does refer to "wordpress" but now I see it doesn't actually go to the wordpress domain. I apologize for that error. I thought it was same the page you mentioned in a recent post which does direct to the wordpress domain. Thanks for pointing out my error. Regardless the post shows you had the idea about 607 BCE posted on the internet about 17 years ago. By the way, to me what you wrote on the wordpress domain about 607 BCE and the book of Daniel seems extremely scholarly. As a result I am extremely impressed by that content of yours.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm looking for the video where Geoffrey Jackson admits Yahweh is closer to the divine name than Jehovah. Anyone come across this?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Disillusioned JW:

Regardless the post shows you had the idea about 607 BCE posted on the internet about 17 years ago.

Details about my personal life are not pertinent to the duration for which I have had information online about 607 BCE, and that specific duration isn’t relevant to the current content.

I was trying to figure out why you are so hyper critical about what the precise wording people use when writing about the Bible and the WT, and thus I did research and asked you questions about such.
    Your research was inaccurate, and details about my personal life are none of your business. My insistence on correct details about Bible research (or any other subject with technical details) has nothing to do with my personal history with JWs.
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi Jeffro, thanks for addressing the questions I asked you and for answering some of them. Thanks especially for telling me the following. "I was raised in the denomination from early childhood and officially left when I felt that I could emotionally and financially support myself. ... I was never personally convinced that God exists, and therefore also not convinced of doctrines specific to JWs." I strongly thought that might the case (except I did not think it was to such a great extent) and now I know for sure. It clarifies a great deal to me. Have a great night and a great weekend.

Thanks also for saying why you insist "... on correct details about Bible research (or any other subject with technical details) ...". I will try to keep that in mind and will try to comment in accordance with that knowledge.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Regarding belief in the biblical God and in God in general, according to "the latest Gallup Poll, belief in God dipped to 81 percent, down six percentage points from 2017, the lowest since Gallup first asked the question in 1944." See https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2022/06/24/poll-americans-belief-god-is-dropping/ for my source about that; the Gallup web page referred in the first link confirms the poll results mentioned in the above news article. The article says that the poll says "Only 68 percent of adults ages 18-29 said they believed in God (compared with 87 percent of Americans age 65 or older.)"

The article also says the following.

'Belief in God is correlated more closely with conservatism in the United States, and as the society’s ideological gap widens, it may be a contributor to growing polarization. The poll found that 72 percent of self-identified Democrats said they believed in God, compared with 92 percent of Republicans (with independents between at 81 percent).

In recent years there has been a rise in the number of Americans who acknowledge being Christian nationalists — those who believe Christian and American identities should be fused.

“It could be that the increase in the number of atheists is a direct result of Christian nationalism,” said Ryan Cragun, a sociologist at the University of Tampa who studies the nonreligious. “They seem to be dominating the rhetoric. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is legitimately backlash against it and people saying, ‘You know what? I’m an atheist.’ ” '

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The results of the latest census in Australia reveal that under the heading of “Religious Affiliations”, those that state their Religious Affiliations as “Non Religious” are in the clear majority (over 38%)

• Vanderhoven7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit