Blogs

by Jeffro 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

How many people around here maintain a blog?

I've been hosting a site for about 2 years, with a 'proper' Wordpress blog for about half of that time, but no one really seems to know it exists, and I only get about one hit per day (apart from a few search engine crawlers and the odd hacking attempt). I initially set it up chiefly as an academic exercise to learn a little about PHP and SQL servers.

Unfortunately my life hasn't been incredibly remarkable (or rather, the remarkable things have not been things I've wanted the world at large to know about), so I haven't had a great deal of feedback (apart from the 607 article posted there), though I've put a few posts on my recent holiday on there.

If you want to have a look, or you're just feeling particularly bored, it's here. Feel free to leave a comment or just say hello.

All hacking attempts are meticulously tracked, and complaints will be sent to webmasters.

• carla
    carla

I took a quick peek. Why would someone want to hack a blog? Forgive my ignorance. To change info you have on there or to get into your computer somehow? When I think of hacking I usually think of the Pentagon or businesses to get personal info such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I took a quick peek. Why would someone want to hack a blog? Forgive my ignorance. To change info you have on there or to get into your computer somehow? When I think of hacking I usually think of the Pentagon or businesses to get personal info such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc...

Indeed... why would someone try to hack a blog? Why do people create computer viruses? Why do people eat sea urchins? Because they can.

• carla
    carla

(sea urchin pic, show up?) How the heck does one eat a sea urchin? I really must get out more!

• Jeffro
  • carla
    carla

haha, looks appetizing. yuk. So what happens if there is an accident and you drop that dish in your lap? You crazy aussies!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    haha, looks appetizing. yuk. So what happens if there is an accident and you drop that dish in your lap? You crazy aussies!

Personally, I wouldn't eat it if you paid me. Well, maybe if you paid me. A lot. Sea urchins are not typical Aussies fare; they're more commonly eaten in Korea and Japan.

• mzliz
    mzliz

uni...........puke..........i ate it once on a first date where the fine gentleman ordered a boatload of sushi for us and wanted me to try everything, I needed to impress and I think my face turned purple as i tried to not gag at the table. Some people love it!!!!

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Funny you should mention blogs. I just started one this week. It's fun stuff.

http://tallpengu.blogspot.com/

:) tall penguin

• bigwilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit