1/15 WT: The Watchtower's Sick Social Order

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Nothing surprises me from these guys anymore. I'm glad that I don't get their literature anymore.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Sometimes I think there are no intelligent people left in the org. Can they be real? Does anyone see all of the lies over the years? The sky is falling might work for newbies, but anyone prior to the generation change must not believe any of this. I know that many remain for the social aspects.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    "This does not mean that a woman is to be completely silent at a meeting of the Christian congregation. She is to be silent in the sense of of not getting into disputes with a man. She is not to belittle his appointed position or endeavor to teach the congregation." pg. 4 1/15 WT

Says who????!!! This stuff always made me crazy... if you read that verse where Paul said the women should be silent, it says that they should ask their husbands at home if they want to learn something, (or something to that effect.) PHULEEEZ!!! Ignoring the fact that Paul has serious woman-issues, how can the WTS say that women should be silent "in the sense of" anything?? If you were to take that verse in context, women should be seen and not heard in the congretation.

Of course, if the WT enforced that, then they'd lose the few members they have left.

GGG

• crazyblondeb
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

crazyblonde, thats how I feel.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Could someone please scan this woman hatin' article and also the disfellowshipping one referred to in this post?

Thanks!

-K

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well hey, the women are the only consistent ones. I conducted tonight. There was one other male, but he was recently reinstated and on "privilege withholding," so he couldn't read. So a sister read tonight, and probably will next week too.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Did the sister who read put a head covering on?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

No head covering needed. If she had to pray or conduct, then yes. But since it's not a teaching position (as if I'm teaching, either...), then no worries there.

• Borgia
    Borgia

SirNose586

Confusing topic is it not?
    Is it or is it not teaching when reading paragraphs?
    Should a sister therefore wear headcovering or not?

"Quote":

Question Box
    · What should be kept in mind regarding reading the paragraphs at the meetings?
    Much of the time allotted for the Watchtower Study and the Congregation Book Study is used for the reading of the paragraphs. This means that the brother assigned as reader carries a heavy responsibility as a teacher. He must read in a manner that will ‘put meaning’ into the material so that listeners not only will understand it but also will be motivated to action. (Neh. 8:8) Hence, the reader needs to prepare well for his assignment. (1 Tim. 4:13; see study 6 of the School Guidebook.) Here are some essentials for meaningful public reading.

"Unquote"

Thus saith the KM of 96/9 -7 Question Box.(WT cd-2005 ENG)

This is not the first time that the leadership has issued unethical monstrocities. I wonder if their diet helps to improve their level of having the winds...?

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit