1/15 WT: The Watchtower's Sick Social Order

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
  • Mary
    Mary
    "This does not mean that a woman is to be completely silent at a meeting of the Christian congregation. She is to be silent in the sense of of not getting into disputes with a man.She is not to belittle his appointed position or endeavor to teach the congregation." pg. 4 1/15 WT

Thank goodness I have always followed this advice. I can be sure my spirituality is still intact.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Can a sister have a bible study with a man? I don't remember it's been so long since I was the PO.

Ken P.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Nothing more than Green eggs and Ham.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Heh... my daughter went to visit her grandparents a couple of months back, went along to a meeting to have a quiet life... there was some of this migoynistic bull about women being a weaker vessel in the meeting; she answered up along the lines of;

"Of course if you think women can bleed for a week every month and not die the idea of them being a weaker vessel compared to men might come as a surprise."

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Thank you for sharing this, I know the message I'll be stressing in February w/my girls to counteract this bs. I think we will be having a "Girl's Power" weekend. :-)

Rebirth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit