What's the most stupid comment a JW told you?

by JH 73 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

That Mickey Mouse and other cartoons were demonic, because animals can't talk, and Satan used a snake to talk to Eve.

• calico
    calico

I was told to wait for the new system to have my own home!

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I actually heard a brother say from the platform at a convention "Tattoos are the number 1 way that diseases are spread today, more than sex or sharing drug needles" I had to laugh at that one....

• blondie
    blondie

1) If you are married to a non-JW, you are kissing a corpse.

2) An illustration that we are like the young elephant that is chained to a post. As he grows he gets big enough to pull up the post but he is conditioned to belief that he cannot do so and escape. (used to compare how JWs learn not to leave the WTS)

They say that an elephant learns her place in the world, her limitations, while young. A heavy metal chain is attached to her hind leg so that she does not wander away. Not yet strong enough to break free, the young elephant finds that she can move only as far as the length of chain allows. Eventually, she'll grow tired of pulling at the chain and stop trying altogether.

Years from now, even a rope tied round her now strong thick leg is enough to hold her. The mature elephant has learned the lesson well: it is not possible to break free. Her world is tied to a length of chain.

3) That if Jesus saw a dirty penny (JWs that don't DO enough) on the ground that he would not pick it up; he is only interested in shiny, new quarters.

Blondie (all heard at the same CA said by the CO and DO)

• zagor
    zagor
    Tough question. It's kind of like looking at an ocean, trying to figure out which drop of water is the wettest.

LMAO, how true

• Backed away
    Backed away

I asked a elderly sister once who claimed to be one of the "anointed" how she knew she and her response was, "I just do, you wouldn't understand" and walked away.

• new boy
    new boy

Newboy talk at N.Y. Bethel............. April 1970.........I swear to God .............N.H Knorr said this in his talk to us on sex...and I Quote

"women are like cows in heat"............(there were about 30 guys there and 3 sisters)

and "The only thing I want you do with 'it' for 4 years is pee with it!"

• calico
    calico

"All of your husband's bad habits will be gone in the new system"

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    at the end of the 1000 years we will all be as spiritual as the elders

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    "You know, if you wore those into my house, it is the same thing as you bringing a loaded gun into my house."

OH BROTHER! Give me a break. What a weenie.

BTW, I bring loaded guns into peoples houses all the time....they just don't know it. Maybe you should have put the heart thing in your pocket. Hell, I don't even think you need a permit to carry concealed hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit