What's the most stupid comment a JW told you?

by JH 73 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember when I was new in the "troof", I was walking in a mall and a JW window washer saw me, and asked, "what are you doing here"?

Yeah, he had a good reason to be at the mall, cause he was washing windows, but I had no business there...

I guess he thought that I was being seduced by material stuff...

And I was stupid enough, not to tell him, mind your own business fu**er...

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings JH,

"If it's in print (in the watchtower or awake) I will not question it. I totally believe it"

Tell me, does that qualify as stupid?

Dismembered

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When a person was reproved or disfellowshipped "he/she was a goat all along anyway"

• JH
    JH

Many also made stupid remarks when I bought a 2 door car.

What do you say then? Do you have to justify why you made the choice of buying a 2 door car, or do you just tell them once more to f off?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Only trust something if it is in the societys literature or you hear it from the platform

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

at the end of the 1000 years we will all be as spiritual as the elders

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Confronting an elder in Salvation Army Thriftstore, who tried to witness to me, I brought up the 1975 debacle. His statement to me was, "We apologised for that."

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I once had a small clique of witnesses (led by one control-freak brother) get upset because I was wearing heart-shaped barrettes in my hair. I told them that hearts were a matter of conscience and there was nothing wrong with him. The lead brother who had decided they were WRONG said, "You know, if you wore those into my house, it is the same thing as you bringing a loaded gun into my house."

I kid you not. I kept wearing the barrettes and quit going to his house.

Baba.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Tough question. It's kind of like looking at an ocean, trying to figure out which drop of water is the wettest.

W

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am always so happy when a thread like this one comes up and I get to redistribute this little gem:

The circuit overseer actually said this in his special Saturday night meeting: "The purpose of the Dinosaurs was to create oil when they died and got buried under the wet sand". No Joke!

I go march up to him after the meeting and challenge this nonsense - I was actually kind of embarrassed for him. He backs me right down by saying "of course dinosaurs are the source of oil...just look at the Sinclair Petroleum logo! It is a green brontosaurus!!!"

What was a mere 32 year old elder to say in the face of such wisdom?

PS - I also feel your pain on the 2-door. My grandfather bought me a 1969 Porsche 911T and I got hammered pretty good on that one. And one of the most vocal opposition himself drove a VW beetle! I think the old jerk was just probably jealous.

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit