What's the most stupid comment a JW told you?

by JH 73 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Its your fault I'm not going to talk to you. You left Jehovah.

The elders are inspired by holy spirit but they are still imperfect and make mistakes. (if this logic is true, then you must be saying that even though the Bible is inspired, imperfect men wrote it so its full of mistakes.)

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

A CO's wife told me before I got married that I was engaged and I couldn't change my mind about getting married. Once engaged you have to go through with it. . . . I don't know whether it was more stupid for her to say it or for me (at 19) to believe her cause I knew it was a mistake. Oh well, after 4 years I was a single mom with 2 beautiful babies.

• oldflame
    oldflame

The dumbest comment ever made to me was " You don't gain Jehovahs spirit unless your out knocking on doors " I always thought we gain his spirit just from asking for it. Assholes that make stupid comments like that just show how uneducated and fooled they really are.

• sspo
    sspo

No matter what you're coping with, whether it's depression, financial problems,marriage and children problem, job loss

and so on,

The solution is

SPEND MORE TIME IN SERVICE AND JEHOVAH WILL BLESS YOU

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Kissing a girl is tantamount to rape. My shirt is possessed. Chess is a war game and off limits. Dungeons and dragons is a satanic game. Can't go to my high school graduation because bad association spoils useful habits, yet I went to school with the same people for 4yrs. Beards are unbecoming of a christian, yet most anyone had a beard from the first century right down to c.t. russels goatee. The internet is evil. Not allowed sex education in school, help ,help somebody take over!

• minimus
    minimus

"You act worldly".

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

once i told the P.O.'s wife that i was gonna go on a preventative hair-loss medication and she said, "why would you do that when the end is so close?" that was 10 years ago. i wonder why you'd brush your teeth in the morning when it's just wasting valuable time that could be spent in service! (i mean, the end could come before noon!)

"the brothers in bethel think the end will come in 1989 because there are almost 3,000,000 witnesses."

"just because there's new light on the generation of the last days, doesn't mean the end is any further away."

"i don't think she's really anointed."

• dmouse
    dmouse

An elder to my 15 year old son: "Satan is attacking the congregation through you"

My favourite: (Every JW for the past 100 years) 'Looking at current world conditions, the End can't be far away'

My brother-in-law (about every car he ever bought) 'This is my 'Armageddon car' - the last car I'll buy before Armageddon'

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

There was this awful big headed sister in an neighbouring cong who loved the sound of her own voice, and a comment she gave at some meeting about xmas , in which she referred to it as Paganalia!

• new boy
    new boy

God were to begin?

When I was at Bethel my overseer said "Gary Kennedy (my friend and one of the workers there) was going to DIE at Armageddon"

When I was out in service with a Circuit Overseer He tolded a nice lady at the door "She would DIE one day because she doesn't worship god 'in spirit and truth'"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit