What's the most stupid comment a JW told you?

by JH 73 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

In the mid to late 70s Disco was the big rage. To prevent our brothers and sisters from having any fun the society proclaimed Disco evil from the pages of the Wt and Awake along with parts on various assembly programs.

As we are aware, Disco soon died. What you may not be aware of is what was the reason of Disco's death.

A speaker at a circuit assembly made the statement that Satan killed disco because he realized that he would not be able to entrap any more brothers.

Disco's single purpose was a net used by Satan to entrap unsuspecting brothers and sisters. When the trap was exposed there was no need to continue.

I'll bet you did not know that.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

One of the best was from my JW father who called me a couple of days after I was d'fd (for apostasy) -- not sure exactly how he knew about it or where I was, but he did: "They all told you you were wrong, couldn't you see you were wrong?"

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

A few months ago, the WT conductor stated from the platform re the internet was that the reason it is called the World Wide Web because a web is meant to entrap or ensnare its prey.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

In 1987 the south of the UK suffered the worst storm since records began, and the following week the visiting speaker for the Sunday talk said "We have had some lovely weather lately!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit