What's The Worst Personality Trait Or Negative Quality A Person Can Have???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

Selfishness is the worst personality trait a person can have. It leads to so many other negative attitudes. I try to avoid being around people that are like this. It doesn't take long to figure it out either.

• minimus
    minimus

Purplesofa, I don't like mean people either. Some seem to enjoy putting others down to elevate themselves. Such ones are often very insecure. I never liked bullies.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Minimus, I agree that there are two kinds of people on earth Givers and Takers, I also believe Givers should be together and Takers should be together

Honesty, now that is funny and if you can't laugh at that, then as Larry the Cable Guy says you need to get out of here

My thing along with hypocrisy is judging others, if there is a scriptural thought that permeates the Bible is not to judge others, it is unloving, arrogant, unkind, haughty, usurping God and Christ, thinking you can do it better. It has been and always was a negative feature of the witnesses in talks, assemblies and the literture promoting one religious group over EVERYONE else.

• minimus
    minimus

True, JWs are judgmental types BUT I see in the "world", there's a lot of self righteous persons too.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Minimus and Friends,

I guess it's a variant on Sad Emo's "selfishness": emotional neediness. Perhaps more to be pitied than condemned. I speak for myself and my formerly clinging and suffocating, smother-love. I didn't know how to draw the line with relationships, i.e., wherein lay the boundaries. It's the non-evil form of insinuating yourself into the life of another. Sort of like "The Cable Guy", but with a good heart and no ulterior motive. Well, divorce from False Religion has effected wondrous changes in my heart and mind, and as I approach my 60s, I am free in ways never before imagined. I can now deal more empathetically with the mentally-distraught, having finally gotten off the nightmare-roller-coaster-ride of emotional servitude.

CoCo

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

*Sad emo: "selfishness. I view that as the very root of most other negative traits."*

I agree with you. That trait has to be the worst.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hmmm,

That is a toss up between, someone who is deceptive, and someone who is a hypocrite! Guess that is why I cannot stomach the JW teachings any longer!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

minimus this is true and as I always state in my dealing with family and friends, when someone tries to get my opinion on SOMEONE , I always tell them on judgment day the only persons sins I am going to be interested in is my own, so I might as well put that into practice now, besides it isn't my laws they are breaking, it is not me they will have to answer to, I am in the same boat as them, a sinner who has an accounting and looking for mercy.

• Schism
    Schism

If machoism could be a negative quality (as in, JW men believing God loves them more and their wives are made to serve them), that would be my #1 hated attribute. To think you have a god-given right to rule someone else because of gender differences is puke-worthy.

• orbison11
    orbison11

liars, especially when one comes out of a cult, and thinks that all people tell the truth,,,boy can that mess up your life big time orbi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit