I had an interesting day.

by Abandoned 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I worked at the restaurant this morning. I got up in time for breakfast so I was in a pretty good mood. I was assigned to the dining room so I basically had to greet customers, clean tables, make coffee and such. There are no waiters, we just have sandwiches and soups and such.

Anyway, two guys walk through the front door while I'm changing the garbage and one of them gave me a weird look. They wore dress pants, white shirts, and ties, and I figured they were Mormons. They weren't unless the mormons started carrying around cards that say "NO BLOOD" on them. Ha ha ha. Eventually there was a whole group standing around. I tried to be friendly and they seemed to be too, but it made me laugh to not know if they realized how close they were to an "evil apostate." The best things in life truly are free.

I got through work and then took my dad out to supper. That all went well. My brother and I promised to take mom to a movie. She wanted to see Nativity, but we compromised on The Holiday. Anyway, we get to the theatre and they have a santa. This guy with a camera prances up to me and informs me that I can get my picture taken with santa for free. Well, it sounded good so I ran over to ole st. nick. I guess I moved too fast though as I scared him. I still don't know if he was serious or now, but the picture I now have of me apparently attempting to physically assault a sitting santa is one I'll treasure forever. I don't have a scanner so what I did was take a picture of the picture with my digital camera. sorry that it isn't more clear. I'm going to see if I can get it scanned.

I think I scared santa

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Awww, now that pic is a keeper!! Glad you had such a wonderful day!!

I used to love getting patients that were JW's, "with puffed chests out"!! And most of them never had a clue that an "evil" one was caring for them, or their family. Alot of times, in a ER situation. Me, and the other nurses' would just smile to each other. Cause they knew!!

Cherish the little memories, they are the best!!

And, so are you!!

shell

• What-A-Coincidence
  • lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Awww...I've always wanted to have my picture taken with Santa. That is soo cool .... love the pic, thanks you for sharing.

lisa

• evetteto
    evetteto

The smiles shines thru the blur...such a nice pix...I too am glad you had a wonderful day

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Glad you had a good day.

• serendipity
    serendipity

lol @ abandoned.

• anewme
    anewme

I know its a blurry pic Abandoned, but your good looks and humor are clear!

Anewme

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Abandoned - Santa doesn't let grown ups sit on his knee cuz they're too big

Good pic, and it sounds as if you definitely had an entertaining day!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Killer smile dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit