Lost my job.

by Blueblades 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks everyone. Well, I'M 62 years young and have a good chance of landing a new job after the holidays. I'm not going to let this get me down. I consider myself on a mini vacation for now. Cheers and happy holidays everyone

Blueblades

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((blueblades)))

You sound like you're handling everything OK. Good for you. You're a better man than me.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That's a great attitude to have about losing your job.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am sorry to hear that blueblades, I hope you find something soon

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My daughters husband is facing that right now. A few months ago he found out the company he is vice president for got bought out by 3 M..a big corporation.

He was all excited and saw great things coming his way. Now he just found out his job is being eliminated and they may want to put him back in sales..which he doesn't want.

Now he is playing the wait and see game. He is not in a happy mood right now!

Guess he better sell that VIPER he bought a few months ago...

I don't know why they always pick Christmas to do these things...

Snoozy...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Just when I thought I could be no less popular I am about to change things LOL.

I advise predominantly employers on the legal issues of reorganisation and of course this includes redundancy; what they have done morally stinks; I cannot imagine why employers choose this time of year to let people go but I can confirm its a global trend; Currently 70% of my work and advice is on redundancy issues at this time of year. Its depressing to be honest.

I am sorry for your loss and sincerely hope you find something in the new year.

Gary

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry to hear you news Blueblades!

Hope you find a new job soon!

Best wishes in job hunting.

Gill

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

3 years ago I lost my job of 23 years. I got 6 months of unemployment. Got some schooling and now have a new career.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((blueblades)))

Well, I'M 62 years young and have a good chance of landing a new job after the holidays. I'm not going to let this get me down. I consider myself on a mini vacation for now.

I hope the new job comes your way! It's better if you have something positive to focus on.

I got made redundant from my last job just before Christmas too. I'm told some employers do it at this time of year because 'Christmas numbs the shock' and then you think 'New Year, new start' which is all very well - if there are any jobs to apply for straight after New Year. I went to the job centre - and they actually told me there was no point calling in for at least another 2 weeks because employers don't recruit much around that time.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I knew there was something I was supposed to tell you . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit