Lost my job.

by Blueblades 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Downsizing, restructuring etc. Oh well, I'm off to the library, much reading to catch up on.

Blueblades

• Clam
    Clam

Blue Blades sorry to hear that. This so often happens at Christmas. Maybe that's when accountants feel extra mean? Hope you find something new real soon bro, and have a good 2007.

Clam

• mariposa
    mariposa

Oh No...and right before Christmas. Did they give you any notice at all? Do you have something to fall back on? What a pain in the arse...unless you didn't like your job to begin with

Enjoy your reading....I just started reading the Harry Potter books myself. They're pretty good.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Blueblades,

Sorry to hear about this. Were there indications that this was coming?

About 4 months ago, I too was "restructured" out of a job I held for 12 years. We knew at least a month ahead that this was coming, but it's still a bit of a shock. I already had my resume updated and was able to contact recruiters and contract agencies the next week after I was out.

I was found on one of the internet job sites, and fortunately was hired rather quickly.

Hopefully when January rolls around, companies in your area will be hiring and you'll land in a better situation than the one you just came from.

• juni
    juni

Sorry to hear that BlueBlades. It's happening all over. I wish the best for you.

Happy to hear you found a new job Gopher.

Juni

• anewme
    anewme

Well, you know what they say: "One door closes, another one opens"

I believe that.

You will find a better job! That is what always happens!

• hubert
    hubert

If you are young, there's no problem finding another job.

Once you reach 45 or 50, you may have a problem.

Hope you are still younger than 45. Good luck researching job prospects.

Hubert

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm so sorry!! It sucks with the holidays coming up!

I can really say I feel your pain. I got laid of Monday right at quitting time. Work had been slow, but we were hoping we'd make it thru till the first of the year. I'm surprised I still have internet. The "domino" effect hits, and hits hard!

I'm determined not to get as depressed as I did Monday night!!

I know we'll both be ok, keep your head up!!

shelley

• anewme
    anewme

The fact that he said "Oh well, Im off to the library" leads me to guess he is younger than 50.
    And you are right, to lose your job at 50 is much scarier.

Chin up Blueblades!

Anewme

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wifey is worried about hers too. And I work for a corporate 'giant' that cannot be trusted to give a damn about me having one tommorrow.

Happy Hunting on the Job search. Your attitude seems great. That helps.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit