True Love in relationships

by captainl 57 Replies latest social relationships

• Mystla
    Mystla

I found true love after I left the witnesses.. I was married to the most selfish lazy man you can imagine while I was a JW. Turns out he's gay.. the elders told him to "settle down with a nice witness girl and "those feelings" would go away" Guess what guys.. they didn't!! I was the most confused niave little witness girl you could imagine But I got over it and now I have a fabulous life with a great man (who is verafiably hetro)

Life is wonderful!

Misty

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I found true love after I left the witnesses.. I was married to the most selfish lazy man you can imagine while I was a JW. Turns out he's gay.. the elders told him to "settle down with a nice witness girl and "those feelings" would go away" Guess what guys.. they didn't!! I was the most confused niave little witness girl you could imagine But I got over it and now I have a fabulous life with a great man (who is verafiably hetro

I guess they didnt tell you he had 'those feelings' did they? Rhetorical question really!

Glad you have found true love nowadays though.

Gary

• Mystla
    Mystla

Lol, no, they didn't tell me... and I learned a valuable lesson.. Try the shoes on before you buy them!!

Misty

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Try the shoes on before you buy them!!

LOL when you put it like that its all very simple isnt it....very true though!

DB74

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

NOTICE THIS GUYS REPLIES...

I think that true love is only found through jehovah. I have had relationships in the world and they have never worked out. But I will be searching for true love with a woman that also loves jehovah.

DOESN'T ASK A QUESTION. WHY. HE KNOWS THAT THIS WILL STIR UP DEBATE.

I have had pleanty of smart girlfriends and I would alawys let my lady think for herself. This is all part of love to talk to each and listen.

DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE RESPONSES FROM JWD MEMBERS WITH REGARDS TO XJWS

This has been my trouble sience I started to study many years ago, But now that I am older I do want to live this way. Is everyone on here an x jw if so why. Please tell me. if anyone likes wild dolphins check these photos out http://www.captainsnow.com/dolphinpicture/index.php

So You liked the dolphin photos I took most of them myself, Is there any jw on this site or is it just for xjw

Im glad you like the photos, You should have seen the dolphin show we had today

I VOTE TROLL alt
  • Mystla
    Mystla

Until he does some troll-like stirring up of trouble I say we treat him like a person.

I've been the victim of trolls in the past and I'm all for rootin em out from the start, but I'm also leery of pointing fingers.. he hasn't misbehaved, wait until he does to start flinging mud.... trolls love that.

Misty

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hey captainl, welcome to JWD!

Here's to you being a free thinker on the internet! And here's to you finding your true love! Seriously though, if you find half the woman that I married you'll be in fantastic shape. My wife (and through her, my children) are my reason for living. It doesn't get any better for me.

Cheers.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Captain, those are great photos. Congratulations-you have a wonderful talent. We have a couple of other photographers here on the board that I know of.

We are mostly ex-JWs. Sometimes a well intentioned DF person or supporter comes on and talks, but they usually kind of fling something out there, get everyone going and then leave in the middle of the conversation.

Most of us have been JWs here or nearly JWs. Although never baptised, I was disassociated in the early 1980's.

Do you really believe all the teachings that the WT has introduced to you as being biblical? Do you question any of them, or the authority the WT has to tell you how to live? How long have you been a JW?

Isn't it scary going into a KH as a single man your age? Do you have lots of young women/moms flocking about? Not a lot of single male JWs your age. I bet you are fed well!

Good luck, and welcome to the board. We are usually pretty nice here, but those of us who are cynical about the WT (ok thats most everyone) are cynical about relationships in the WT, as we have seen what happens first hand. I was lucky, left before it went there, but I saw plenty, and still do, as much of my family is JW or exJW now. (I think I was one of the first out of it)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Here are the facts as I sees em. My father once told me that every pot has a lid, but the thing is how well does the lid fit. We are not all alike, even within the organization. We have different folks, different backgrounds, different genes, different tastes, different moods, and completly different thoughts. Do you like compromise? I guess that depends on how much you love the person. In order to find compatability I suggest you try to find someone more like yourself. Do you know who you are? Are you happy with who you are. I beleive that opposites attracting each other is exciting at first but how long will it be before you step on each others toes. In any given relationship there is always one person who loves there mate more.Which one do you want to be? MY advice is until you find these things out, be yourself, be light hearted and enjoy whatever, until your gut tells you it's right. Every failed relationship tells you more about yourself and teaches you about others.

• captainl
    captainl

Thank you for the nice comments they are helpful, I also have not been baptized, I HAVE BEEN STUDING OFF AND ON FOR 14 YEARS , Something alawys pulls me back, I thought I had found true love I fell in love with a girl from norway Not a jw she was here to learn english. We were together for 3 months but we were so happy but the closer it came to the time she would leave the harder it got. I still keep in contact with her but she is a chemest and a total realest. But for a short time I saw into her heart and it was beautiful. I know it can never be her into science and me into god it may be to much of a conflict. maby in a different world we could have been together. does anyone like boating check out my other site http://www.boatboss.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit