True Love in relationships

by captainl 57 Replies latest social relationships

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Really the media and entertainment sector pervert the sense of true love. You see a man and woman, deeply gazing into each others eyes, locked on and oblivious to the world around them. They label this true love and honestly it is chasing rainbows.

I would liken that more to lust and sadly many people get married out of lust. True love is sitting down with your spouse after years of being together and still enjoying talking to each other. It is staying together and doing things together because you really want to. It is being there when they are sick, when they are depressed and enjoying the highs and suffering through the lows.

If you are waiting for a feeling of euphoria to come over you like portrayed in the movies you will be sorely disappointed. You may feel that the love of a God is true love, but that is your love. True love is reciprocated in a tangible form.

That being said, I find it rather odd that you start talking about relationships then skip to the discussion of dolphins. What exactly are you looking for from this thread? Saying hi, asking for advice, looking for friends? It's not really clear.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Captainl:

Just remember that if you find her, and afterwards you start to have second thoughts about this belief system, it may ruin the relationship. JWs aren't trained to listen to others when they question the Governing Body.

tsof

• daystar
    daystar

Brrrp-beep-boop-boop!

True love comes from Jehovah-true love comes from Jehovah-true love comes from Jehovah-true love comes from jeeerrrhhhhhhoooooooooovaaaahahhhhh.... *click*

• captainl
    captainl

I am also trying to meet some new friends or whatever I just say what comes to mind

• juni
    juni

Welcome Captain to the forum.

I feel Captain is only sharing what interests him i.e. dolphins, boats. That's all right w/me. I enjoyed your pictures.

As far as the relationships go, you'll have to figure that out. Know yourself first and find someone who shares common interests, respects you and your opinions even though they may not agree. Someone who respects your relationship w/your family - not trying to divide you from your family.

Perhaps you might want to review the book "Making Your Family Life Happy" put out by the WTB&TS. Discuss it w/your prosepective mate. Be open and HONEST w/each other over the information discussed.

I am confused on one statement you made. You've been studying for 14 years and have not committed to the JW religion as yet?? Sounds like you have doubts or you want both - you believe the religion and you want a girlfriend to believe the same way. Again, you have to know positively what you want in life to be fair in a relationshp w/another. If the JW religon is what you want then go for it - your field will be more narrow in the girlfriend area and you will have to have a chaperone for dating unless you stay in a group. Those are the "rules". After seeing the heartache of so many families whose children were raised as JWs, I hope you look into the facts about that before considering starting a family. I'm not being bitchy here; it's a fact. Do your homework about ALL aspects of the religion and what they require.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Juni

• Terry
    Terry

I think that true love is only found through jehovah. I have had relationships in the world and they have never worked out. But I will be searching for true love with a woman that also loves jehovah.

Jehovah considers us dung. We are dust on the scales. We are unworthy of the air we breathe. He will kill us if we don't read the Watchtower magazine and follow Brooklyn's policies.

Jehovah allows billions of us to die and always has. Jehovah lets little children be molested, women raped, families broken apart and diseases to sweep away entire villages of the poor and starving because he "loves" us so much.

Why wouldn't you want TRUE LOVE with a character who regards us in such a contemptible light?

Face it: Jehovah is a projection from the inside of us outward. He is the best and the worst of us.

We reward ourselves. We punish ourselves. We hate ourselves. We love our selves.

TRUE LOVE is a mental construct just as JEHOVAH is.

People are just people. They are a lot harder to live with and hold dear over the long haul. So, why wouldn't you want an abstract mental construct idealized into your fantasy world rather than working hard at having a meaningful daily interaction with another vulnerable soul like yourself?

Grow up!

• daystar
    daystar
    I am also trying to meet some new friends or whatever I just say what comes to mind

Hey! Nothing wrong with that I suppose. Though rather a redundant statement.

• anewme
    anewme

Why am I bored reading this thread?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm going to give you a crash course on JW relationships.

When a JW couple get married, they aren't allowed to truly love one another. They are supposed to love "Jehovah" first. However, the word / name "Jehovah" covers many more people that you're led to believe. You're taught to put these people on your priority list, before your mate:

1) The Governing Body (all 10 or so of them)
    2) Circuit Overseer
    3) Elders
    4) Jehovah
    5) All JWs
    6) Jesus
    7) JW Relatives

All of these people are more important than you in a JW marriage. If you happen to quit going to meetings or get disfellowshipped for any reason, your marriage will fail because you'll have all of the above people telling your wife to limit her association with you, or possibly even divorce you.

Becoming a JW for the sole reason to find a wife is a terrible "quick fix". Just take a look at what happens when most JWs reaches the age 18. They meet someone of the opposite sex, date, get married, and have kids. It's also likely that this is the ONLY person they date, because they have no way to relieve their sexual tension. Whether or not JWs will admit it, they get married just to relieve their sexual tension, and that's all their marriages are based on. Most of the time, love takes a back seat in a JW marriage. To keep the marriage together, the JWs make divorce a disfellowshipping offense. It sucks when someone is married to an abusive mate, because the JW religion doesn't allow for divorce in this case.

If you want a quality woman, you have to date lots of women, and "weed out" the bad ones. The more women you date, the more likely you're going to come across a woman who will make an ideal companion for you. That's what I did, and we're a happily married worldly couple. There are other happily married worldly couples out there too.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Looked at the boat site

I see there are some offshore racing boats.

Maybe you got to some of the offfshore races down there?

Are you familiar with the Dirty Duck racing team.

Not sure if the Victory Team from Dubai has been there.

Curious,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit