Why Do You Like JWD???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I must admit, I've learned so much here!!!! There are soooooooooooooooooooooo many gifted intelligent people here. And there are many who have come to realize HOW MUCH they were really duped and the more you're here, the more we collectively know that "The Truth" was never the truth!

• 5go
    5go

Like minded people who have the same stories as I do.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like the smart, silly, funny, caring, wise, and damn sexy people here.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

This board has been a beacon on a dark night to me. I've learned a tremendous amount and am grateful to all the participants. I think what I like the most is learning that I'm not alone, not crazy (well maybe the jury is still out on that one!) or weak and that others have gone before me.

• skyking
    skyking

JWD was here when I was down and out. I lurked at first then was compelled to post. That was years ago. I then had a computer crash could not active my old posting name so just lurked for a while again. Then could not stand it re registered again and here I am.

I have a hard time coping with how deeply I believed and was lied too knowingly by the Governing Body. Nothing has ever even came close to the hurt I have been through perpetrated by the BORG. A few people here know me and they know the loss I have had to deal with. The tragic loss of my brother, then helping to raise his kids. His kids tragically lost their lives one by a gun man, the other by a drunk driver. With that said that has not even come close to the hurt I felt and still feel from finding out the BORG is wrong. Everything I lived for was a lie. I hurt people believing I was doing GODS will passing judgement on to them. I can't forgive myself at times.

This is the only place I have to express how I feel freely. I do have friends the are out of the BORG now and can express my hurt with but when I type I feel much better. I don't know if I will ever get over this.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JWD give me an outlet for my bitterness with the WTS organization. It is also
    great to talk with like-minded people, and reassuring that there are others in
    the struggle out there.

As a fader, I cannot attack the tower directly. I talk with non-JW family but
    they don't really understand what I am saying. I get great ideas on how to
    focus my slow undermining of the tower walls to my wife and mother.

• bernadette
    bernadette

I like it because it is helping me to make up for lost time in catching up with the rest of humanity.

I'm really glad the one's who've gone before have stuck around to help us out of our dark tunnel and the new ones are here to make the journey with us.

I know that I definitley would not have had the nerve to do it on my own.

thanks everyone

bernadette

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Because of you minimus

• minimus
    minimus

I love you too, Stilla---not to be confused with the other one.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I started reading because I was so relieved to not be alone in my story and to feel validated to still carry pain. I stayed because of all there is to learn from the researchers who post here. With every post they cement in my mind how right my current path is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit