Why Do You Like JWD???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I like the smart, silly, funny, caring, wise, and damn sexy people here

(please let that be me, please let that be me, please let that be me, please let that be me, )

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I love this board because I am able to connect with people who have had the same experiences as me, and who understand being a jw really entailed.

• anewme
    anewme

You stole the words right out of my mouth Minimus!

I am proud to be a member of this forum!

• minimus
    minimus

Anewme, Great minds think alike!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Minimus said: "I love you too, Stilla---not to be confused with the other one." What a relief. I almost lost my lunch. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif[/img]

• stillAwitness
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    Why Do You Like JWD???

Because it is the main topic of discussion at Crooklyn Bethel regarding the threat to faith in the Faithful Slave from apostate websites.

• undercover
    undercover
    This board has been a beacon on a dark night to me. I've learned a tremendous amount and am grateful to all the participants. I think what I like the most is learning that I'm not alone, not crazy (well maybe the jury is still out on that one!) or weak and that others have gone before me.

That sums it up pretty well and much better than I could have done

• restrangled
    restrangled

Because at my absolute worst hour, looking for answers, someone's post on this board popped up on google. It was a sanity saver!

Since then I have enjoyed many personalities.... whether I agreed with their view points or not. I have ticked off a few, some have ticked off me, but in the end we are all here for the same reason. It has been an amazing journey over the last 6 months.

Thanks to all.

r.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I've been her for a month and six days. One month and seven days ago, I still believed that soon armageddon would come and destroy me because I was worthless. I'm dealing with the lies and brainwashing that lead me to that point. I owe JWD for most of that. I had to come here and decide to participate, but the rest is all this place and you guys.

I don't know where this is heading. Right now I hate god and wish I could spit in his face. I think that's a good thing though because if it turns out I'm wrong about hating god, I'll apologize and mean it. The important part is this is really how I feel and I'm really being me. Instead of turning into an automatron being who I think everyone wants me to be, I'm being the real me even thouth some of that may be ugly.

I read somewhere that you can't get where you're going until you find out where you are. I don't know if that's the truth or not, but I do feel that I can't make any meaningful corrections until I have an accurate assessment of where I am. Well, I know where that is. And even though where it is for me right now is hating a god that some of you may love more than ever, I'm finally able to make this accurate assessment and willing to make any adjustments that really are needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit