MY WITNESS FRIEND DIED

by Mary 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Further to this topic I started a few weeks ago: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/124404/1.ashx I just found out that she died the other night. We hadn't been close in a number of years, due to me becoming inactive, but I remember alot of the good times too. She was older than me and offered to study with me when I was 14, which led to my getting baptized.

I remember that she tried for several years to get pregnant, and how happy she was when she finally conceived. I remember her and I drinking a whole bottle of home made wine one afternoon when we were supposed to be having our study, and how we sat out on her back porch laughing at anything and everything. Coincidentally, her mother and my grandmother were best friends and one day we took them both down to Niagara Falls and took them out on the Maid of the Mist, which neither of them had done. I remember when I was young, I was always welcomed in their home. That may have changed when I stopped going to the Hall, but somehow, that doesn't matter now.

I'm glad I got to see her before she went, otherwise I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. I'm curious as to what's going to happen at the funeral. Her one child is DF'd and I wonder if anyone will talk to them. When someone dies, it shouldn't matter what religion they are.....aren't we all God's children?

Sorry for rambling......I just feel really shitty right now.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

(((((Mary)))))

Sounds like you had a real good friend. Good for you that you can see past all the WT crap to the good person that she was.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

So sorry about that Mary. Sounds like she knew how to bend the rules a bit. (A whole bottle of wine!) I hope the funeral goes well, and if no one else does, you can be the person to talk to her son.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hi Mary--I'm sorry for your loss. It's great having a friendship like the one you had. Many go through life without ever experiencing this type of togetherness. It's a shame the Tower does what it does to family and friends, but they'll never take away what you had. Again, I'm sorry.

• bebu
    bebu

((((((Mary))))))

I am genuinely sorry.

I'm glad you had such a great relationship, and that you could look beyond the labels until the end. May God bless you for that, and bring good out of this painful situation.

(((HUGS)))

bebu

• sosad
    sosad

If you are able - geographically or otherwise- to go to the funeral - go. If not, send a card to her child- you may be one of the few that is able to share your remembrances of when your friend was expecting, her joy and how that affected you.

You are remembering an individual, a friend, and she happened to be a witness. As always, it is the person that makes a difference in our life- and you are connected to her past the label that some only knew her as.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Heartfelt condolences (((((((((((Mary))))))))))))

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

((((((((MARY))))))))))))))

• Warlock
    Warlock

Mary,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Warlock

• skyking
    skyking

I hope the congregation treats her kid well. I know how you feel. One old dear friend I have sounds like your friend, she is getting very old and I love her deeply. she will soon be gone, I will not go to her funeral but my wife and I will mourn her loose deeply alone with a bottle of whiskey reminiscing all the the things she did for us. There are a few good souls in this world no matter what religion they have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit