MY WITNESS FRIEND DIED

by Mary 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mary,

Sorry for your loss. It sounds as if she were more family than friend. What a privilige to have had that relationship. Now you are the survivor and have the joy of cherishing her existence, unforutnately you also have the sadness of losing it. Have a glass of wine in her memory and say howdy to her son.

W.Once

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Mary,

You have my deepest condolences on your loss.

• z
    z

Mary,

Sosorry for your loss friend, my deepest condolences

Z

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm so sorry to hear this, Mary. I really hope it's not a JW funeral. I attended one for a JW friend that passed on. He was one of the "outcasts" like myself. He lied on his monthly report, missed meetings if he was too tired from work, and didn't care what the others in the cong thought of him. Me and him got along very well before I went inactive. I attended his funeral, and was disgusted by it. It was a friggin' excuse to recruit new members, and very little was actually said about him personally.

Sorry, I had to ramble. The WTS really knows how to bugger up a good thing.

• Mary
    Mary
    If you are able - geographically or otherwise- to go to the funeral - go. If not, send a card to her child.

Yes, I'll be at the funeral and I have every intention of speaking to her kid who's DF'd. And no one there better say anything to me about that either.

I really hope it's not a JW funeral.

Oh yes, it's a Witness funeral alright. That means that 3 seconds will be given to her and her life, the rest of the time will be nothing more than an infomercial for the Borg.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Mary

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Yes, I'll be at the funeral and I have every intention of speaking to her kid who's DF'd. And no one there better say anything to me about that either.

I went to a JW funeral recently - a small part of the family had been disfellowshipped. The majority were witnesses. No one spoke the d'fd ones. they formed a lonely little island of grief by themselves. Very sad.

bernadette

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((Mary))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss

love

Linda

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Mary))))

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh yes, it's a Witness funeral alright. That means that 3 seconds will be given to her and her life, the rest of the time will be nothing more than an infomercial for the Borg.

Yeah, that's one of the saddest things about jw-ism.

I'm sorry about your friend dying, but I am glad that you were able to talk to her before her death. I'm also glad that you have fond memories of her that are seperate from watchtower related stuff.

((((((mary)))))

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I'm sorry sweetie. What a sad loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit