Which meeting goes first ?

by 5go 39 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

If the GB or WTB$ Had to get rid of one meeting which one would be the first to go?

Me the school because it would allow more time for brow beating in the service meeitng wihch would be one hour. Then no one would complain about thier kids being up way past thier bed time on school nights.

• kid-A
    kid-A

The bookstudy. This is probably the biggest pain in the ass for the dubs. Kills an entire night of the week for a measly 1 hour of indoctrination.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Definitely the book Study , a pointless, boring, family disrupting, waste of everyones time,

• juni
    juni

Yep the book study.

Some serve refreshments. They don't like that. This is not a social event brothers!

They are such kill joys. They'd rather keep the big group together so the whole BOEs can keep a watch. Always looking for people to mess up or kids getting out of line. Maybe I'm being kind of bitchy here, but I came from an ultraconservative neo nazi congregation.

Just my opinion though.

Juni

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think it should be the school. My JW friend tells me there are 2-3 cancellations every week. They eliminated the second school for that reason several years ago.

But.........the book study is a big waste of an hour. It will probably go if they decide to do that, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

• sspo
    sspo

Book study for sure especially if you have a lousy and boring teacher.

Eliminate the school, it's useless nowdays because as they go from door to door you hardly speak with anyone and use what you learned.

Get rid of the watchtower also and bring only qualified speakers at the KH.

• sir82
    sir82

Firstly, eliminating a meeting would loosen their control and also remove one opportunity to receive contributions...there is no upside for the GB in it, so it ain't gonna happen.

But, if some miracle were to occur, I'd say the first meeting to go would be the Public Talk. Well over 90% of the public speakers are mind-numbingly dull and couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper bag.

I could see a combined Watchtower Study / abbreviated Service Meeting on Sundays, and a School / Book study on one other night of the week. Maybe even a mini-school in CBS location homes...most people hate giving talks in front of 80-100 people, and it would cut down on nervousness in smaller groups.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Book study, however, I wouldn't be suprised if they ADDED a meeting or 2!

Warlock

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

There is no way they will add another meeting, after all the negative and zero growth around the earth.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, they won't get rid of any meetings, obviously, but I would think the bookstudy would be favourite if one was going to disappear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit