What's in Watchtower Jan 1, 1989 page 12?

by pixel 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Check your mail. You should have it any second now.

• icocer
    icocer

so the bound copy came out at the end of the year or December of 1989? They changed their teaching at the end of the year? Was there a big uproar when this watchtower came out?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

It would have been accepted as "new light."

You're new so maybe you don't understand that JW's get thrown out for creating "dissent."

asking questions is "dissent."

Incidentally I would leave the JW at work alone. Pointing out these differences will be viewed as an attack against his religion, a big no-no at work.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I agree about the work harrassment, but it could be done innocently enough.

"Hey _______ (JW), a friend sent me this and I was wondering if I could get your comment on it, since it is from Jehovah's Witness publications. Why did they change how it is worded right here?"

As long as it is simply a question and not a damning statement like. "I knew you guys was full of crap and here is more proof that you guys are full of it." Work harrassment can be avoided.

Remember all JWs are incouraged to informal witness, even at work. The opposite can apply if done tactfully.

• icocer
    icocer

I've allready crossed that line long ago. That is good advice however. But he started it.

No, but in all seriousness thank you. Hard thing to do.

So they did change their teaching at the end of the year? Any ideas why? Where people saying "man we have at most 10 more years until the big one" after reading the article in January?

• pixel
    pixel

Hello, I didn't know I would cause so many cuestions when I asked about a scan. Thank you to the one who gave me a "welcome", don't know you name because your post doesn't appear in the history but you know who you are. And thank you to the one who gave me the scan, but I was thnking about getting it from some of you, that way I would be convinced that it's not a "Image trick", I'm sorry for my paranoia but you know how things are. I guess that if you don't have a copy that you can scan, I will ask some ppl from my cong. ICOCER: I don't know why they changed that phrase within a year. I really doubt that it was a mistake that they did the first time. But for the JW to find out about that, they would need somebody else to point that out to them, since not every JW goes back to publications.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Wow, that's interesting... I wonder what made them change their minds in only one year? Well, good, there is one obvious prophecy that has already been proven false. I'll have to keep this in mind.

Thanks again Jayhawk1.

LtCmd.Lore

• JH
    JH

I have the Watchtower CD here and I took a screen shot of it....

alt

I highlighted what they said. They make no mention of the 20th century like in the original copy, but they only say in our time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And thank you to the one who gave me the scan, but I was thnking about getting it from some of you, that way I would be convinced that it's not a "Image trick",

I supplied the scan to the owner of the beyondjw site, and I still have the magazine if you would like another scan, photo, video or whatever. I no longer have the bound volume though. I left it behind when I moved.

W

• TopHat
    TopHat

Thanks for asking for the scan Pixel....I wonder how many more false predictions the WTS have made?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit