What's in Watchtower Jan 1, 1989 page 12?

by pixel 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Yes Finally-Free, can I have like another scan? not a video. Lol. That's too much paranoia. Thank you. But what DO YOU think made them change that? and were you the first one who picked that out?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Here's another scan.

Kwin

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yes Finally-Free, can I have like another scan? not a video. Lol. That's too much paranoia. Thank you. But what DO YOU think made them change that? and were you the first one who picked that out?

Not necessarily too much paranoia, considering what's at stake. Many of us built every part of our lives around our beliefs, so changes should not be made lightly. I wasn't the first who picked it out, but I remember the Watchtower study that day, and as usual, I wasn't prepared, so that was my first reading of it. I was shocked by that statement, considering that JWs believed that the preaching would continue right up to armageddon. Saying the preaching would end in 2000 is very close to saying that's when Armageddon begins. I made a mental note to re-evaluate my beliefs if nothing changed in 2000. When the year 2000 arrived I searched the CD and bound volumes and couldn't find the statement. I eventually convinced myself that my mind was playing tricks on me.

Then, in 2003, while researching the child abuse scandals I came upon a web site that referred to the Jan. 1 1989 Watchtower. I looked it up on the CD and bound volume. Then I drove over to my mothers house, because she didn't get the bound volumes - she just kept all of her original study copies of the magazines. That's where I saw it for myself. My mind wasn't playing tricks on me after all, but the Watchtower Society evidently was. I suspect they realized the statement could one day come back to haunt them, and so changed it in the bound volume. Most people don't keep the original magazines once they receive the bound volume, and how many were likely to go back looking for such a change? Maybe they thought their mistake would go away. I'll make a new scan tonight when I get home from work, and after my dentist appointment. Anyone who wants the scan, just PM me your email addresses and I'll send it out this evening. W edited to add: I've thrown out most of my JW literature, but I'm hanging on to this magazine in the hopes that one day someone will recognize its true value and buy it at an obscenely high price, enabling me to take an early retirement somewhere in the tropics.
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The German "Watchtower Library 2005" still refers to the 20th century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit