The JW fall campaign about false religion

by NowImFree 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I just wanted to find out if any of you have had strange experiences confronting JW family members about this brochure. I am asking because there have been two case of child molestation in my family both perpetrated by JW elder's sons and then covered up. We have also had a suicide in my family - my oldest brother killed himself after been disfellowshiped and shunned for years. My family has had soooooo many terribles things happen and it has been so disfunctional, many of the disfunctions come from some members being JWs and other not, or due to some family members leaving the JWs. Anyway, I confronted my JW mother about the shameless hypocrisy of the "End of False Relgion is Near" campaign. I let her know that I knew all about how the brochure condems other religions as covering up child molestation and condems other religions for causing family problems. This is a huge example of the pot calling the kettle black. At first she looked at me with a blank stare and did not want to acknowledge the brochure, then when she knew that I really knew about it, she basically looked at her feet, looking very embarrassed. I could tell that she knew how hypocritical it is and she was ashamed by it. I also have a friend who is an X JW and she is married to a JW elder. She also confronted him about the brochure and he too, was embarrassed and didn't want to talk about it.

What kind of reactions have you had? Have any of you had similar reactions?

NowImFree

• Honesty
    Honesty

It got so quite I could hear crickets chirping in the background.

Within a year we'll know if this campaign has backfired on the Wacktower.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Within a year we'll know if this campaign has backfired on the Wacktower.

That's an understatement. They have had 129 years of backfire. Does anyone ever expect them to get it right. The rank and file just roll their eyes and say " lets get thru this, one more time".

• skyking
    skyking

When I was given mine, the person know about my daughter being molested and I asked her what she thought about the hypocracy in the tract. She said it bothered her.

• geevee
    geevee

It is really a case of if anyone gets the opportunity to rasie this issue, then we need to take it and cause some collateral damage. It just might catch someone with their guard down. Good work.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The sister that has been coming over to have our "bible studies" has given me this brouchere three times. I have asked her questions about it twice. Questions that she has not answered. It's like she has a brain block.

lisa

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I asked my mother how she could even hand that thing out to people knowing what she knows, I tried to say it in a nice way but she knew exactly what I was getting at. She didn't respond when I asked her that. I was just trying to get her to think about the hypocrisy of it. She then said "well, the organization isn't covering up child molestation anymore, they have changed their ways". I said no they haven't, they still use the two witness rule to get out of reporting cases or molestation, and even if they had changed their ways, due to all the recent scandals, they definitely have no right to judge any other organization or denomination. If you look at Silent Lambs website, there were more JW molestation scandals coming to light during the JW campaign than I have ever seen in a 1 month period. I personally think that was God's timing to bring all these JW molestation cases to light during the false religion campaign as a wake up call to JWs who may not be completely blind. Thanks for your responses, it sounds like a lot of JWs are uncomfortable/embarrassed about this brochure.

NowImFree

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I don't know why but this tract really angered me more than any of my wife's other literature. I think it is the fact that she is making a special effort to go out and tell our friends and family that their religion is false.

Moreover she isn't willing to talk about the falsehoods of her own religion. The nerve of her and the JWs. They will run back to the car if someone calls them on their record. They only want to meet people at the doors who are ignorant about the Bible and the WTS.

I going to bring this up with my wife. I hope it gets thru.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Hi Woodsman,

I know, it angered me almost as much as when I saw the Dateline program about JWs and their cover up of child molestation. The brochure also says something about how other religions don't promote happy families or some garbage like that. I couldn't believe it when I read that considering all the shunning that has gone on in my family and the family members that have not spoken in years due to the JW beliefs. As I mentioned at the beginning, my brother is dead from suicide and I totally believe that if he had had his family - mom, brother and sisters to support him when his wife was leaving him, he may be alive today. Instead he had nobody and he was shunned by my mother, brother and sister for years, they had not spoken. And even though I had not gotten baptized yet as a JW, because my family told me it was the "loving" thing to do, I didn't talk to him much either. After his death we all felt horrible, but now that I have left the JWs, my sister is totally shunning me as we;;, my brother will only talk to me about family business and my mother, bless her, is rebelling against the Watchtower Organization and talks to me even though she's not really supposed to. But she talks to me because of her guilt about my brother, at least she learned something.

But for the Watchtower to accuse other religions of not promoting happy families when they themselves have promoted and caused so much pain and ruined families is apalling.

NowImFree

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Haven't recieved one as the 4 congr of witnesses think I am the devil incarnate. The witnesses would have a lot less problems if they stated they are just one of many religions and this is the way they see the scriptures instead of judging others, which the the Bible condemns Matt 7:1,2 and many more scriptures such as Romans 2:1-3 1 You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. 2 And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. 3 Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?.

vss 21-24 also state 21 Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal? 22 You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you commit adultery? You condemn idolatry, but do you use items stolen from pagan temples? [b] 23 You are so proud of knowing the law,but you dishonor God by breaking it. 24 No wonder the Scriptures say, “The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you.” [c]

They have problems because of THINKING and STATING they are the only ones right. They keep printing these tracts in hope that when the end comes they will finally nail it with a tract at the right time. The end will come but at Gods timetable not a mans or org. The hypocrisy is detestable, God hates wickedness but he really hates hypocrisy as well. As Jesus said the one without sin should cast the first stone, I know I won't even have a stone in my hand, I am not fit to look down on anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit