The JW fall campaign about false religion

by NowImFree 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I agree Avidbiblereader. There are bad apples and bad policies in all groups, we all have to look at ourselves instead of others. I have heard many church leaders admit they have made mistakes and admit they made some bad decisions, but I haven't really heard any humility coming out of the Watchtower. For those of us who have been victims and who have had family members abused or dead because of their policies, we need to warn others.

NowImFree

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Not confronting my relatives, but confronting myself: It was the first time I ever gave myself permission to immediately throw away any literature I got from the Society. I was so thoroughly filled with disgust on reading that brochure...!!! I had an immediate welling toxic feeling and almost knee-jerk reaction to throw the thing in the closest trash.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think for the most part,no one even seen who left the tract on thier door or gate..JW`s were trying so hard to get out the message that didn`t matter,they had very little time to talk to anyone...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I had opportunity in a final letter [I assume] to a past good friend, an elder, to mention it.

In his reply to my DA letter [I sent a copy to a few selected persons], he stated something about being 'dangerously close to the end' and implied in some way that the 'false religion' tract was pointing that up.

I replied that the tract gave three bullet points in indentifying 'false religion' and that the WTS hit all three as squarely as any religion I had known - I pointed out that that Jesus was only mentioned in the tract as 'a well respected religious figure' - and wondered if that was how we should highlight our Lord - as a footnote to a major message - and that I thought the message should be Christ - not using him as a reference to prove something.

Of course I have no idea how he viewed my words - I am sure it was our last communique. I da'd that week.

Jeff

• anewme
    anewme

Im glad someone brought this brochure up again. There were lots of discussions on it weeks ago but I as yet hadnt seen it.

I live in a remote canyon. No one comes out here except the electric meter reader once a month.
    The cabin by the creek is way off the main road and only accessible by a bumpy dirt road that meanders off into the boonies. There are six "NO TRESPASSING!" signs posted at the gate.

Last month I was leaving with a friend to go shopping in town.
    "What the hell is that?" she asked as we passed something colorful in a plastic zip lock bag stuffed into the wrought iron gate.

"Oh, its probably some junk mail" I said. But I knew what IT was.

On my return home I stopped at the gate. All alone now I picked up the secreted flyer, unzipped the plastic bag, and UGHHHH!!! I almost vomited! It struck me for the first time how awful and attacking and arrogant the JW literature is! I read it over on the spot, standing at the gate. It made me shudder to think I used to push this crap on others. And the hypocracy was not lost on me either.
    I decided to keep it as a reference. But I hid it from my husband. I didnt want him to see this evil looking brochure. I still have quite a few mags and my old song book and Bible and now this horrid brochure.
    And I am not sure they are not demonized or something.
    THEY ARE SO CREEPY! ARENT THEY???

I keep telling myself I am going to get rid of them all someday, that maybe they are somehow holding me back and placing an evil influence on my life.

I seriously think I will get rid of them tomorrow. Yes.

Anewme

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

I'm thinking that it is kind of backfiring and having unintended consequences. Since so many people got the brochure, I'm seen a lot of discussion on several message boards (religious and non religious) that I am a member of. A lot of people that had no idea what JWs believe but had a lot of questions have gotten a lot of insight of the watchtower teachings that they never would have before. --------the list of potential converts are getting slimmer because of it.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think now in this day and age, unsolicited mail of any type from some apparent know-it-all, holier-than-thow, or "insider" arouses more skepticism than anything else.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Does anyone have a scan of it? I had seen it on here I think a while back but I can't find it now and for anyone who hasn't seen it, they may want too. And if someone posts it and you look at it, then go over to the Silent Lambs website which I think is www.silentlambs.org or something similar and you will see how hypocritical the JW brochure is. Silent Lambs is the organization lead by a former JW elder who is fighting against the Watchtower's cover up of child molestation for anyone on here who doesn't know about them. Their website is very interesting and helpful. Our story is posted on their site, under the personal experiences tab at the top of the site, and then under abused lamb stories. Our story is a few stories down signed Anonymous in Illinois. Anyway, after being in my family and experiencing this stuff first hand, this new JW brochure makes me want to throw up. Sorry, but I'm fuming about it, wouldn't you be?

NowImFree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit