Nov. 8 Awake - Wife Beaters-Sick

by MrMoe 80 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

Bridgette,

Thanks for your response. I agonized over whether I should even post with regard to this subject as I know it is such an emotional one and to be totally frank I think there are no answers that can take away the hurt due to abusive male dominance as manifest so often.

Part of the discussion centered on contributing factors. I would like to take the liberty to discuss just ONE (note NOT all) reason I believe that JW men can become abusive.

The issue I am speaking about is: since pursuit of education was suppressed for so long and the male (according to Bible theory) is supposed to be the provider that so many JW males are ill equipped to compete in the working world. Many develop a chip-on-the-shoulder attitude and this can create such an additional stress on the JW male. They are not supposed to work overtime, they are accused of being materialistic if the do try and improve their lot in life, they are accused of being worse than one without faith if they do not provide adequately.

I think that then instead of turning the frustration back onto the source (their own inadequacy - caused by the rules they live under as a JW or ultimately against the organization that imposed the beliefs on them in the first place) they form a psychological love/hate relationship with the family they need to provide for.

Ever notice how many of the "poorer" elders are the hardliners and how many of those with some money tend to be more understanding (or is that just the sum of my own observation)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit