JW says the end of religion is beginning to happen!

by awol 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

hmmmm false religion is ending, so that means the WT will collapse soon?

There was a big letter writing campaign here in the Boston area and other areas as well I am sure. Lots of Evangelical Christian Churches were told by their Pastors to write to or call Walmart about them changing the xmas greeting to "Happy Holidays' instead of "Merry Christmas". Walmart it seems did not want to offend anyone who did not celebrate xmas as a religious holiday. Seems the Christians felt that Walmart was pushing Christ out of Christmas and want this day to be mainly a religious one.

Anyway, my friends chuch took part in this so that is how I found out about it. Then I saw it on the news too. And apparently Walmart was flooded with so many letters and calls complaining about this that they reversed their decision on this. The whole thing only took a few short weeks. Guess that more Christians shop at Walmart than pagans? Anyway I was in Walmart yesterday and got my "Merry Christmas". Either way I would not have been offended as observing holidays is up to the individual and I think its what YOU may of it. People should decide for themselves what these days mean to them and observe them accordingly. Thats my personal opinion anyway.

So sorry JW's, you will have to carry on with you slave service work and make new converts after all. And really now, did you think that having a retail chain store not say a "Merry Christmas" greating was really the begininng of Christ's demolishing false religion? Can't he do a little better than that? Seems you guys don't give him that much power now do you? Lilly

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

There's a post on an AOL board where this lady and her kids put up their usual Chrsitmas decorations and lights (on the downstairs) of their home---the Landlord rents the upstairs and a new couple just moved there.

They are JWs....and the reason she knows that---is because the JW came down and wanted the lights/decorations to be removed because THEY didn't celebrate Christmas and wanted them DOWN!

I replied to her, to IGNORE THEM and leave the lights UP. If the JWs "went to the landlord", that most likely he would tell them to let it alone, and that he would probably be looking for ways to get them to move real soon! What NERVE, huh?

I can't say as *I* see the "end of all religion" anytime in the near future, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if the WTS died tomorrow. THINK of the peaceful Saturday mornings and the absence of pushy JWs in our families and neighborhods! I could live with THAT quite nicely!

• blondie
    blondie

In the past the WTS has warned the rank and file not to think they could "see" when religion would be destroyed.

w741/15p.54‘KeepCloseinMindthePresenceoftheDayofJehovah’***

So it is not a slow fading away by loss of members that brings the end of Christendom’s false religions and their clergy. Instead, just as a beautiful vase, a "desirable vessel," suddenly falls from its pedestal, to the dismay of its onlookers, so the clergy and their false religion have a sudden, surprising crash to destruction.

Also, as to the swiftness of the fall of Babylon the Great, what does Revelation chapter 18, verse 10, say? "They [the mourners, including many commercial men] stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because inonehour your judgment has arrived!’" And then, in verse 21, it continues: "And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: ‘Thus with a swiftpitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.’" Appreciation of this fact can protect us against any inclination to ‘put off’ the day of Jehovah simply because Babylonish religion still exercises considerable influence in some areas.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The jws are forever looking for signs of religion being brought down, so it's not surprising that your friend sees a few businesses not putting up Xmas decorations, and thinks that this move signifies something more far - reaching regarding religion. The jws have been waiting for armageddon and their fabled "new system" for so long now that they will get excited about almost anything out of the ordinairy.

If she thinks this is anything to get excited about, she is in for another disappointment.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Awol,

Oddly enough, Wal-Mart, and some other retailers, have begun restoring Christmas decorations here in the USA. I think these issues a a passing phase.

However, I would say something like this to the JW:

"Well, true Christians are now being persecuted because the Devil knows the end is near. Whereas, the Devil is protecting his own like Muslims, Mormons, and JWs."

Then, I would help her/him see that it all really just depends on the "spin" that each group and its leaders puts on the events.

Jim Whitney

• sspo
    sspo

The witnesses take every silly event in the news to hold on to their beleif as the right one and somehow prophecies are being fulfilled and continue hoping that the end is around the corner.

I have family members who came in the 'truth" in the 1950's and continue to look at every event in the world as "this is it".

Really what else do they have, they are in their seventies might as well continue "hoping".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the clergy and their false religion have a sudden, surprising crash to destruction

I am sold. A few businesses that might have customers of a non-Christian faith have decided not to put up decorations. Everyone needs to quit college, stop getting married or having babies. If your savings allow for it, quit the job and sell the house so you can pioneer recruit for the rest of this system of things. The worst that happens is nothing, then when you move in with your non-JW mother-in-law, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you threw it all away did it for Jehovah WTS.

There will also be those JW's that speculate that Wal-Mart and others deciding to go back to "Merry Christmas" is an indicator that religion will need to be banned. More and more cities are refusing the Nativity, opting only for the reindeer and Santa stuff, the non-religious displays. There will be JW's that declare the end is (everybody say it) RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER no matter what happens in the world.

• james_woods
    james_woods

In the interest of fair disclosure - I am at this time an Agnostic as far as the various theological leanings. After 2 decades years ago in the JW, I just don't care about it that much anymore. I guess my "religion" (what little is left of it) is probably centered on helping others who have been hurt by the witnesses - to think for themselves. At the same time, I do not feel the exceptional need to hate other faiths and the people in them. Just so long as they are not trying to entrap other innocent people under false pretense.

_____

Having said so, a thought just occurs to me after reading this thread:

Is it not amazing how much the JW org hates religion? ( and here I mean all religion except for themselves ). They also hate, among other things, the United States and the United Nations. While at the same time hiding behind every liberal provision that the United States constitution holds for religious freedom! And, secretly availing themselves of UN benefits to further their selfish money-grubbing "missionary" causes in third world nations. Sickening.

The only other group I can think of that really desires the total destruction of all other religion (except themselves) is probably the San Francisco Nancy Pelosi ACLU Activist Atheists. These are both absolutely sure in their belief that all other religious points of view are dangerous and harmful and completely worthy of destruction from upon high. These both are also about the only ones I can think of who would take such a silly issue as the "flag salute" all the way to the supreme court of the United States. And, yes - in this idiom I call the "athiests" and the progressive secularist left a religion in itself.

_____

How was that for a politically incorrect thing to post?

James

• juni
    juni

Hi awol!

I agree with your thinking. They've always said this. Take anything and apply it that this means blah blah.

I remember that article that Blondie cited. So a person wonders why they feel that all of these little so- called indicators mean the end of religion. Good point to bring back Blondie!!

Juni

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That never did make sense to me. I couldn't figure out how the goverments could ban religion and the JWs be the only ones left. Even if the JWs were banned and they did it underground, wouldn't the rest of us worship in secret too?! I never understood exactly how that was going to work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit