JW says the end of religion is beginning to happen!

by awol 28 Replies latest jw friends

• awol
    awol

When talking to my jw friend.... she asked me if I had seen the news about businesses now NOT putting up xmas deco's etc. This is so as not to offend people of other religions ie jw's and muslims etc.

She said this is going to lead to (a start of) the banning of all religions worldwide!?

Is it. I said I think it shows more tolerance and respect FOR other religions.... that is NOT how she sees it (or any other jw's that have been discussing it).

What are your thoughts on this.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes I would say it just shows respect.

But I wish this was one of the things that they did get right...The banning of ALL religion!

• awol
    awol

But the banning of all religion to them would be one of the signs of the end of this system of things.... so they get very very excited to see and hope it happens.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

The witnesses are so disconnected from reality it's laughable. Ask what army will enforce the ban?

HCM

• Legolas
    Legolas
    But the banning of all religion to them would be one of the signs of the end of this system of things.... so they get very very excited to see and hope it happens.

And therein lies my conundrum!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Absolutely not true. In fact, just last night on The Daily Show [with Jon Stewart], they proclaimed that the War on Christmas is now over. Wal Mart has reverted to their prior greeting of "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holiday's."

If The Daily Show says it's true, you gotta believe it...

• freetosee
    freetosee

IMO thats stupid! germans are not a very religious set of people, but ever since 9/11, through the media, it is undeniable how much the world affairs are influenced by religion. Since Ratzinger has become pope, many more germans are finding their roots in the christian tradition. I think religion is having a new beginning. fts

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I would ask if she thinks that they are going to attack the Jehovah's Witness religion for all of the pedophiles, or for having association with "The Great Harlot, or for income tax evasion. The things that she mentioned doesn't show that the governments are attacking religions (especially not the dubs), rather, it shows that the government is trying to compromise with religions.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

The SUN newspaper here in the UK ran a front page article about the rediculous situation of geting rid of xmas decorations, interestingly it also noted that Rudolf the red nose raindeer was an ad campaign in the 40's and has become part of xmas. So these things are always evolving, so it doesnt mean the end of religion at all.

CS 101

• freetosee
    freetosee
    would ask if she thinks that they are going to attack the Jehovah's Witness religion for all of the pedophiles, or for having association with "The Great Harlot, or for income tax evasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit