The term apostate is used freely on this forum, don't you find it offensive

by avidbiblereader 53 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I find the term apostate used freely towards those who have left the org, by both Witnesses hiding and also ex Witnesses calling themselves that. Don't you find that offensive. I have been out for over 6 years and the last thing I consider myself is an apostate. The actual term is base on 2 Thess 2:3 and is state in the Greek as this from the Strongs Concordance

?p?stas?a

apostasia

ap-os-tas-ee'-ah

Feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly the state), (“apostasy”):—falling away, forsake.

I don't feel as if I deviated from the truth, the truth is God's Word PERIOD, not a set of teachings from men. The problem comes in with the Witness teaching that an apostate is a person who goes against the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses as stated in the Flock Book. This the grounds for DFing, according to the teaching of the Witnesses. I follow the Bible and only the Bible, if I don't understand it, doesn't make me an apostate, but teaching falsehoods, deviating or twisting the scriptures, well that is another story. I find the term apostate very offensive as it is not being applied SCRIPTURALLY. If you deviate from the Bible that makes you an apostate. Don't assume the teachings of men are scriptural. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE FIND THIS OFFENSIVE TO BE CALLED AN APOSTATE IN GODS EYES WHICH IS SERIOUS, JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T GO ALONG WITH THE WITNESSES.

Who really is the apostate? My leader is the Christ, leading me to God, not a man, not an organization, not a BOE, not CO or DO. If you continue to call yourself an apostate, you may still believe in the witnesses. HMMMM

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont believe in god or jebus or the bible or any other moldy book of fables and fairytales.

The word apostate is a badge of honor to me. It is a priv to be scum to the JWs since they are in bed with child molesters, brain rapers, and murderers..

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

No offense intended but if you think I still believe in the witlesses just because I'm PROUD to carry the name of apostate from their teachings, then you don't know me very well.

I'm proud of escaping their horrible teachings and mind games. I'm proud to be considered an apostate by them. I don't know where my life is heading, but if the greatest thing I ever do is realize that the jw are a cult and escape their evil mind control then I've been a HUGE SUCCESS.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The bible is not God's word. Deal with it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think there is power in owning a word that is meant to injure. But by definition, I'm not one either. Neither do I use it myself.

• aniron
    aniron

I'm proud tobe regarded as an Apostate by the JW's. iy means they are frightened of me.

I'm also proud to be a Christian.

• nelly136
    nelly136

desensitised to that word, its more of a standing joke.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Doesn't offend me. I think it is a joke. It is a word only used by the JWs to scare the faithful from falling away from their brand of religion. The word "apostate" does not evoke any emotion on me.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I don't find it offensive to be called an apostate by the J-Dubs. I take it as a badge of honor. That is all they are left with. They can't "win" a debate with me over Scripture, authority, or prophecy, so all they are left with is name calling, so I have "won" the debate.

XJW

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I use the term Apostate, and I relish it. Just because I use the term doesnt mean I still believe in the JW Cult, nor does it mean that I no longer believe in the bible. I still believe in the bible and I attend church occasionally. Im proud to be an apostate from the JW religion. I dont get your reasoning, unless you still believe that they might ave the truth, and dont want to call yourself an apostate, just in case. Are you trying to keep both bases covered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit