who besides me turned a friend into the elders for something trivial?

by PaNiCAtTaCk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When i was 15 i dobbed in my unbaptised best friend for smoking. He denied it and then stopped talking to me for 6 months. I almost lost a friend, was branded a troublemaker and a lier, so I never dobbed in anyone again after that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My best friend turned me in when I told her I had been sexually assaulted. Mom knew, police knew. Elders were as bad as others have reported. I was 14.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I turned myself in and my girlfriend because we had had sex; she didnt hold it against me but when we later left the dubs, it was laughable as to how indoctrinated we both were and how we were ruled by guilt and fear.

I didnt tell on anyone else although I got reported to the elders for having a large gathering at my house with disco and strobe lights; apparently people were kissing on the stairs and they were offended. LOL.

If only they wouldve seen what was going on in the bedrooms, they wouldve died LOL.

DB74

• bubble
    bubble

I turned my best friend in for having an abortion. Noone knew, not even her family.

It made me feel like shit, but the elders bullied it out of me. They knew something was going on in her life and they knew they could get to me to give them the information they wanted.

She was DA'd even though she wasn't baptised. I haven't spoken to her since and this happened 20 years ago.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I had a real dick of a boss(a jw) who lived in Lemon Grove, CA. He had an acoustical/drywall/painting business. Anyway, our main specialty was respraying acoustical ceilings(that cottage cheese look). There were numerous times when the previous ceiling needed to be scraped down(too thick). The problem with this is, on many homes that had acoustical ceilings put up prior to 1979, they contained asbestos. The entire procedure changes when you're dealing with asbestos - it must change, according to the law. We would go in and scrape any ceiling, regardless of the year in which the home was built.

Anyway, getting back to my boss. I don't recall now what prompted me to go to one of the elders in my hall, but I did. I told him about the OSHA requirements regarding asbestos removal and how we were not following it. I think I was more concerned with my health than anything. I was worried that I would eventually die of lung cancer - and I still fear that to this day(I breathed a healthy share of asbestos into my lungs, I have no doubt about it). So the elder in my hall contacts his elders. A few days later, my boss pulls me aside and grills me on why I ratted him out. I told him exactly what I told that one elder. Well, guess what? We stopped scraping ceilings on any house that was built prior to 1979. He rode me pretty hard after that and I eventually moved out to CO. This is the only time I ever went to the elders about someone else. But it wasn't for something petty. It was a very serious matter and was unlawful on his part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit