A question for the men on this forum.

by restrangled 57 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Gender has nothing to do with anything in our household. We are a team. Together we decided to leave

This answer made my day!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I have not responded to this thread, as it sounds very much like a 'vigilante' approach to solving issues.

...and I quote...

Any man who hears his family threatened, should be in the I'll take you out mode.
    Even though the threat may have been lame, the men I know would have taken him down. They would have done it in a quiet way, without worrying me.

I'm not sure what country that 'restrangled' is in, but there are laws in the U.S. For someone to go over and 'take you out' or 'take him down' is very much like High School days, where the bullies were willing to fight at the drop of a hat. Of course, nowadays, they use guns and knives to settle the matters. Is that what you are condoning? Your words seem to indicate that level of violence.

Perhaps such aggressions would be better directed into more productive areas. Or perhaps - if they live in the U.S. they can join the military. This might help them vent some of that aggressiveness.

...it also reminds me very much of the movie Deliverance.

Regards,

Jim TX

• james_woods
    james_woods

Jim - you posted:

...it also reminds me very much of the movie Deliverance.

______

Dam-right it does. And Ned Beatty had the hardest part to play in that one.

______

Maybe there is always more than one way to take care of the business at hand. Usually more wrong ways than right ways.

I guess I need to have Restrangled explain to me again what her thread was really all about.

James

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    milquetoast

And there ya go again - ineffectively attempting to characterise folks who don't share a gung ho attitude to conflict resolution...

• restrangled
    restrangled

James Woods,

Well it seems to have morphed into something else other than intended. My original question is what is the line that gets crossed where you would threaten or use physical force to defend one of your family members.

The original statement I referred to would be crossing the line by myself and the men in my family, and because I am a woman the men in my family would take care of it. Yes I can take care of myself, but the guys would make sure "whoever" got the message.

From Chicago by the way.

To answer TX no not weapons.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Littletoe,

And there ya go again - ineffectively attempting to characterise folks who don't share a gung ho attitude to conflict resolution...

Yes, but very quick and effective conflict resolution.

r.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Is a quickie always best?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I don't seem to manage to get myself into these sorts of situations, but I would only want to be defended if I was in immediate physical danger, and in that situation would be glad of any assistance, not limited to friends or family.

If I found out that any man of my acquaintance had used threats, threatening behaviour or violence on my behalf for anything less than immediate physical danger, I would be simultaneously mortified and furious.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I have 2 sons, one is 6'5 the other 6'1 and a wonderful husband 6'3. I also have two male Doberman Pinchers so I guess I am use to being defended no matter what I do.

Do you live in a trailer by any chance? Hiding from the WTS? WTF??? Are they going to pummel you with rolled up Watchtowers? Sounds a bit like paranoid delusional neurosis to me.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Restrangled,

Two thoughts:

1) Joseph, before knowing the whole picture and believing harm would come to the pregnant Mary, chose "to divorce her secretely because he was a righteous man". There are many I know who would take a hit before allowing harm to come to another.

2) Since childhood I was bullied, and while I honestly don't remember playing the victim role, men and women both were always coming to my aid. Now it's time for me to assist and defend others. No one bullies me anymore. I am XJW, hear me roar!

CoCo Conquered?--- NOT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit