A question for the men on this forum.

by restrangled 57 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

So sorry guys for not being clear....

There was a thread on here tonight where someones sister was threatened with death because she had gone to some concert and the brother, instead of taking care of his sister questioned what was the problem.

This my friends is the problem, it was someone in the truth and instead of immediately going over and taking the idiot out he is asking why.

My question is how many men stop and ask why before defending their own?

r.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Ok... I'm starting to understand. Thanks for the clarification. I can honestly say: The moment anyone threatens someone close to me, I will stand up to them. That was true when I was a Witness, and it is true now that I am not.

FBF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Obviously, restrangled, the sister was NOT threatened with death. The person was using hyperbole. It was in bad taste, and classic witness belligerence, but it was not a threat.

Therefore, this thread is lame.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I, unfortunately, don't have family members who would jump up and defend me. Wonder what that would really feel like. I am fiercely loyal for them (well, I can be fiercely and *have* been) but when it's their time to speak up and/or take action, well....It's never happened.

Case in point, a drunk in a bar was hurling obscenities at me. I snapped back at him: "Look!! You don't even *know* me, so YOU shut up." My brother took pity on the poor drunk and <yadda, yadda, yadda> I haven't heard from him (my brother) since July.

He wrote that he wishes I would just have some compassion for others.

-Aude.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sixofnine....

you said:Therefore, this thread is lame.

Not so. Any man who hears his family threatened, should be in the I'll take you out mode.

Even though the threat may have been lame, the men I know would have taken him down. They would have done it in a quiet way, without worrying me.

That was my question, how many men here are of this mind?

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Yikes.

Be careful what you say here.

bczar

• restrangled
    restrangled

Aude, there is nothing like men standing up for you and perhaps I am spoiled with respect to this. I have 2 sons, one is 6'5 the other 6'1 and a wonderful husband 6'3. I also have two male Doberman Pinchers so I guess I am use to being defended no matter what I do.

It is a wonderful feeling being protected by so many great guys on so many levels.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ok, I see no other guys want to answer. It really was a simple question, If you were in or out, and/or wife, daughter, sister, or mother were in or out, would you defend them?

I think most men would, I just wondered how far each man would go and for whom.

I felt bad for the sister of a former elder questioning why someone would threaten her and my take was, the person threatening his sister should layed out! You make a threat whether real or not against a family member, by god, you are goin down!

Old fashioned justice is not dead.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..Love your thread..Need you ask?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw...

I don't think I ever questioned your understanding of this thread!!!!! Thanks for your support! r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit