SHOULDN'T THE GREAT TRIBULATION HAVE STARTED?

by Mary 31 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

IP_ and Mary: Thank you for my first Monday Morning Smiles. It is truly sick that some among us remember the words to those nasty songs, huh?

• gumby
    gumby

If all you apostate bastards would keep up on your spiritual feeding provided by the Slave Class, you'd realise the Great Tribulation happened h 133 years ago fer gods sake!

Quote:

The Time Is at Hand, 1916

" The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873".

If they believed the tribulation happened 43 years BEFORE that book was written, then the dipshits could believe in the things Jim mentioned about it happening invisibly.

Blondie correctly pointed out that religion MUST be destroyed as the start of the tribulation before armageddon can proceed but I'm sure the asswipes have figured out by now that religion is here to stay......so.....I Gumby, prophet of modern times, predict some New Light concerning how the tribulation could begin while religion is still standing while STILL holding to the idea that armageddon is very close.

If I'm wrong, I'll light a match and burn off all the hairs on my n....nu....nutsa.......well, you know.

Gumprophet

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, obviously you missed the point of the whole campaign.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The JW's have to first explain what a success the campaign was- at the next district convention. Then they have to explain how Babylon the Great was inflamed with anger.

Next, the CO's will carry a message to the individual congregations, that they need to expand their works to those individuals who were awoken by the important campaign. They also need to contribute more to the world-wide work because the laid-off Bethelites are bringing so many curious ones to the kingdom halls, that they need more money to hand out WT magazines and find seats in the halls. Everyone knows that the end cannot come until the WTS is financially sound and ready to handle the last-minute influx of people. The work will be successful, so faithful JW's are actually keeping the Great Tribulation from starting by not donating enough money from their window-washing jobs.

Oh, just because YOUR Kingdom Hall is not seeing this great influx, don't think it isn't happening elsewhere. Just put your money in the box, and start sharing one magazine amongst your whole family, and don't get a new Bible.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

w659/15pp.575-576QuestionsfromReaders

SincemillionsofpersonsinChinaandotherplaceshaveneverheardtheKingdommessage,willthesepeoplebepreservedthroughthedestructionofBabylontheGreatandthewarofArmageddon,orperhapsberesurrectedlater?—H.S.,U.S.A.

But some persons, appreciating that millions of people are to be resurrected and given an opportunity to serve God, wonder if the millions of individuals living today who apparently have never heard the Kingdom message preached will be everlastingly destroyed without ever having had a witness about God’s purposes. It is true that at present it appears that there are vast numbers of mankind who have not heard the Kingdom preaching. Also, from what the Bible says and from conditions in the world, we know that we are in the "last days." But we do not know just how much more will be accomplished in preaching the Kingdom message before the end comes. (2 Tim. 3:1-5; Matt. 24:3-13) If at the end of the second world war someone had said that the Kingdom preaching would be carried out, by more than a million publishers, in over 190 lands, including communistic countries, many might have found that hard to believe. Yet, Jehovah has blessed his people, and that is exactly what is being accomplished. So, if it is Jehovah’s will to have this message personally carried to the millions on earth who seemingly have not yet heard it, that will be accomplished. If he chooses, he could see to it that this message is spread in ways that we cannot yet imagine. Jesus did foretell that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matt. 24:14) We can rest assured that God will see that the preaching work is done to his satisfaction. After that "the end" comes.

w882/1p.20WillYouBeaWitnessfortheTrueGod?

The same newspaper also observed: "These children refused to sing the National Anthem because Jehovah’s Witnesses consider themselves to be Christians and devoted entirely to the Kingdom of God. . . . They therefore do not participate in any of the political activity of the State." Also, TheTelegraph of Calcutta reported: "The schoolchildren’s action has also brought into the limelight . . . Jehovah’s Witnesses, which had remained largely obscure in our country till recently." Yes, ‘this good news of the kingdom will be preached for a witness to all the nations’ before the end comes.—Matthew 24:14.

They actually said that this was a witness to all of India's billions because it was in the papers. What a great opportunity for those who live in india, they get to hear that some wierd kids won't sing the national anthem. Now that proclaims the Good News adequately, don't you think? I'm sure the billions who are illiterate benefited greatly.

Idiots.

W.Once

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

rolling at the picture in my head of Mary gnashing at the dentist's poor fingers, and him hold up his fingerless hand!! All the while, keeping her "sisterly" demeanor!!

• Terry
    Terry

When I was an active JW I never even picked up a book written for mainstream Christians in the Christian Living section of Religion at a bookstore.

Had I done so I would have been shocked at how similar the thoughts being expressed by the much-maligned Christendom were to Watchtower speculations about End Times, Great Trib, Armageddon, etc.

Hal Lindsey is probably the only writer I actually read. (The Late, Great Planet Earth.) And, he has been wrong, wrong wrong in every book, but; it doesn't stop him from changing gears and explanations and moving forward.

The current rage has been the LEFT BEHIND series which is astoundingly awful writing. So, naturally it captured the religious population and sent them into throes of ecstacy.

Everybody gets it wrong. Everybody is always trying. Nobody can get it right. The simple reason being that there is nothing to get right!

If you are delusional you get to a point where you desperately want a taste of reality. You can't live in a dreamworld; it is unnatural. So, you do the next best thing: you work yourself up into making a provable, tangible event imminent to show yourself (and all the world) you really aren't crazy.

But, the event won't happen and you get the cramps.

Christianity=Frustration with reality

Jw=defiance of reality

Religion=fears

Great Tribulation=hunger for provable reality

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Mary, your obviously cheeky comments here only prove that you know nothing about fulfillment of bible prophecy.

Don't look now, but neither does the WTS!

• gumby
    gumby

Here's what I saw concerning this event.

First of all.......NOWHERE in Matthew 24 does Jesus ever mention that religion apart from true religion will be destroyed first or as THE sign that the Great Tribulation has begun as the witnesses would have you believe.....NOWHERE. Jesus doesn't say ANYTHING about the pagans being destroyed first....and then there being an attempt to destroy gods people but rather he ONLY mentions persecution of his diciples.

One again, the society draws their warped doctrines from other scriptures as the building blocks for their screwed up interpretations to fit their personal dogma....rather than use the scriptures surrounding the subject itself.

*pats self on the back for making a perfect god directed post*

Gumright

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumgod said: NOWHERE in Matthew 24 does Jesus ever mention that religion apart from true religion will be destroyed first or as THE sign that the Great Tribulation has begun as the witnesses would have you believe.....NOWHERE. Jesus doesn't say ANYTHING about the pagans being destroyed first....

Ah yes, but it makes no difference what the bible says----the Writing Department says that the government will turn on 'false religion' and who are you gonna believe? They simply piece together stuff from Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Matthew, Luke, 1 Timothy and Revelation, give it their own unique sequence of events and roll it out on the presses.

But I did hear from more than just a couple of Witnesses, that this tract work was suppose to be the catalist that triggered everything, and that it should start by the end of the year. So I'm just wondering what excuse they'll come up with 6 months from now when it's obvious that the tract didn't do squat. Has anyone heard any mutterings yet from the faithful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit