2006 WorldWide Service Report

by Midget-Sasquatch 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I wonder why Alaska is part of the United States now, but not Hawaii.

I am sure the 1% increase in the USA is because of foreign language groups. In fact, an elder mentioned recently that our increase was from this area. These people are often hungry for friendships and some are interested in learning English.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's Blondie's data on Partakers. Note the upturn in recent years.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Apparently the number of partakers is higher now than it was 18 years ago!!!!

Woops!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Fred Franz said:"No more partakers, since 1935, the door is closed, only replacements." How many thousands of partakers turned out not to be annointed or removed for conduct un-becoming and so replacements are added?

Blueblades

• Mary
    Mary
    Partakers in 2005: 8524 Increase: 234

Clearly there were 234 annointed ones who needed to be replaced after they became part of the Evil Slave class by logging on to JWD.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Don't forget the most important part! In 2005 the av. pub number was 6,390,022. In 2006 it was 6,491,775.

When you subtract 2005 from 2006 you get 101,753. Now compare that to the baptism numbers for 06 of 269,577 and you get a difference of 167,824. So with a world wide recruitment program that forces to do billions of hours worth of 'preaching' they actually loose more people in this work than they gain every year. Even if you take out %1 for mortality rate, you still are left with the facts that for every 1 JW that becomes active 1.5 stops. More are leaving than coming in.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Canada has been hovering around 0% growth for a few years now. I wondered, HOW MUCH above or below the line is it? So here's a comparison of percent increase/decrease in average publishers and memorial attenders for the past six years in Canada.

The wild variation in Memorial attendance from year to year makes me wonder; does weather play a factor?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks Midget.

I would love to hear how they explain away the increase in partakers at the memorial. It would be fun if people they call on, not jws, were to start asking them that. I'd enjoy hearing the average r&f jw trying to explain that on the door.

• observador
    observador

And don't forget the holy land of Israel: Jehovah's people number no more than 1202 there! :)

How ironic!

But wait a minute. They had a whopping increase of 2% from last year.

• blondie
    blondie
    I wonder why Alaska is part of the United States now, but not Hawaii.

Both Alaska and Hawaii functioned as separate branch offices for various islands and countries in the Pacific (I think Alaska administered the far north Canadian provinces).

Alaska is no longer a branch office indicating that whatever areas they administered are now their own branch office or under the jurisdiction of another branch.

Evidently, Hawaii is still functioning as a branch for various islands in the Pacific. In the old yearbooks the WTS used to indent and put those areas under Hawaii in the chart.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit