Mid-Life Crisis?

by jt stumbler 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Rules and Regs, thanks

Yes there is much to consider.

I have just reached a point in my life that its a struggle to make myself go to work. I think Im just sick and tired of working. You make one mistake and you lose all credibility. I feel accountable to everyone. Theres even a saying hear that its always the "Coordinators" fault. I could probably stomach it more if I were compensated for it but I doubt it. Im just sick of the whole technical field.

• Confession
    Confession

JT,

I'm of the "you only live once" mentality. If you really are miserable in your situation, I'd try to get hold of the best information you can find on just your situation.

I was able to leave my career and start my own business, but--admittedly--I had the advantage of being able to cultivate it while still working my job. If you're able to do that, I'd say "go for it." If not, it's going to be harder--but NOT impossible.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Perhaps you need to go see an occupational hypnotherapist?...

or maybe something like this would be therapeutic:

alt

(sorry, not trying to make light of your real concerns...just a friendly attempt at a little humor in spite of everything)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What about an inhouse transfer to another department maybe? Or even a small demotion to alleviate some of the stress while you consider your options?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi jt,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is apostasy a mid-life crisis?

• lesterd
    lesterd

AMWAY. No, really 90% of all new business go bust in 5 years, its a harder market than a J.O.B. "Just Above Broke. At 53 I had the same problems + wife of 35 years died of breast cancer, my job of 25 years downsized, I walked away with nothing, no home, ofamily, no benefits. EDD paid me to go back to school, tech.. with no computer experience. Got my CNE, CNA, MCP, Microsoft workstation and server certs, was picked up by the school to teach the networking lab for 6 months and then got on with the county as head of the digital imaging dept. The 2 years inbetween I lived in a warehouse and then a freinds garage. Many times life was the situation I wanted out of. There are options, search for them, they may not even be what you expect. Have faith........in yourself.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You know who I feel bad for? Arab-Americans who truly want to get into crop- dusting.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, JT. Hugs.I can empathize. I had my midlife crisis at 41. It was tough for several months. I did a thread on midlife crisis and people said a lot of very helpful things. I don't know that anyone touched on career changing, but I think you will find the experiences and advice comforting. It's probably the best and most relevant thread I've started in my three years here. I still appreciate all the wonderful contributions to it. Here's the link:

Have you had a midlife crisis? A sort of poll....2 3 4

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many JW's who want to start their own business try Pre-Paid Legal Services or Ameriplan Dental/Medical Suppliments. Most are successful enough at the beginning because they have a few parties where they invite other JW's to start in the same business. They build up a little bit of their pyramid, then collect a few dollars. Others go out in the world with their plan and sell it to people who are not their friends. You could take advantage of the JW's and get start-up money this way. This works best for elders, pioneers, CO's- those who could take advantage of their friends because their friends assume they never would do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit