Funny about this board!

by 5thGeneration 59 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Local needs contribution: $30

SKHF contribution: $10

SWW contribution: $200

Arguing about WT policy with people who have left so have no clue: Priceless!

P.S. You're right it is a stupid argument about something that really means little. This board, however, will alienate people that are still in the Organization when people blurt out that they know better than those who are still attending all the meetings and are in the know. Take care.

• Mary
    Mary
    But then again my family has only been in the truth for 100 years so what would I know?

Geeze......are you part of the Evil Slave Class?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I like you Mary!

• Mary
    Mary

Aaawww.....thanks!

this all started by my saying that the Society banned WT symbols on Kingdom Halls. Which they did.

Geeze....I haven't seen one of the WT symbols on a Kingdumb Hall for years.....except the really old Halls. When did they officially ban them?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry, I can't say in fear that I will be flogged because I don't have a copy of an official WT letter stating it.

It was around 10 years ago, maybe a little less.

P.S. I do really like you. You always bring calm and reason to discussions.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the point is , never post anything around here that you don't want an opposing argument . There's plenty of people making stuff up ,so it would be to your benefit to produce such a letter to prove your claims .The WT symbol is their corporate logo so unless it has something to do with avoiding taxation once again it really makes little sense for them to outlaw the use of it on buildings .

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I wonder if this will ever end?

How you would jump in like that is unbelievable.

it really makes little sense for them to outlaw the use of it on buildings

UMM, unless they don't want to be perceived to be encouraging the worship of symbols!!!

Incredible!

BTW. No one ever "opposes" posts about George Benson being "paid" by tobacco companies or that the Society invests in defense companies and Phillip Morris. No proof required there! Wonder why?

• Mary
    Mary
    heathen said: .The WT symbol is their corporate logo so unless it has something to do with avoiding taxation once again it really makes little sense for them to outlaw the use of it on buildings.

Ya but since when did they ever need a valid reason to come up with another man made rule? They got rid of playing the piano at the meetings for crissakes because some brothers and sisters were (gasp!) playing notes waaaaaay beyond what was written in the song book!!! And they wanted everything to be in "unity". How frigging stoopid and nit-picking is that? But I don't recall there being anything official in the literature about it.

Given their tract record of "simplifying" things, I could definitely see them coming up with an unofficial rule like "no symbols on the KH". Plus, they have an unhealthy paranoia of having anything that could be viewed as an "image", so I can see them canning it for that reason too. Anyway, as I said, I haven't seen a WT image on any Hall in years, unless it's a very old Hall. My local KH is about 20 years old but there's no WT symbols on it. However, there's an old one not too far away and they've got the old WT symbol right out front.

But take a look at this picture (and no, I didn't doctor it). This is the Stourport-on-Severn Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses (where is that? England?). Doesn't it look like an old converted church?!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Mary, I still like you!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Nice Church! Err, I mean Kingdom Hall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit