A SIMPLE EXPLANATION of why TIME TRAVEL doesn't work

by Terry 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    Time travel is real and it is happening before your very eyes. Every satellite in earth's orbit travels slightly in time, which is precisely the reason why they have to adjust onboard clocks to atomic clock here on earth. That idea is at the very heart of theory of relativity and we know that that theory is solid hard and proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

This isn't the Time Travel I am referring to broadly. What you are actually describing is the dissonance between two standards which self-reference in discussing each the other.

This flux is hardly the classic Time Travel of my heading which intends to say you can't go back to the time of Abraham Lincoln and stop John Wilkes Booth from pulling the trigger.

Context is everything.

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, I appreciate your opinion, really, but I think you have to review quite a few things here. I'm sorry for asking a rude question, but did you actually study Physics?? I did

If you count taking Physics in school and reading about it on my own I have a smattering of conversancy. However, Physics is always a matter of "state-of-the-art" in accuracy. What our parents learned in Physics class was Newtonian. Theoretical Physics today goes from macro to micro and sub-atomic micro at that!

At a certain cross-over point between Newton and Einstein you have to change your frames of reference. One does not contradict the other. One is the subtext of the other.

Only mathematically does any of it take on a degree of accuracy in description. We are using words, metaphors and popular scenarios on this discussion board which is a far cry from what Stephen Hawking does.

The purpose of my Topic Header is to say something very very simple. Whatever things there ARE are made of something which was once something else.

When the something of NOW is deteriorated into constituencies (elements, atoms, particles) the new SOMETHING becomes possible. That is why there can never be a situation in which those particular parts appear in two entites simultaneiously. Hence, Time Travel in the classic H.G.Welles sense is not possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit