A SIMPLE EXPLANATION of why TIME TRAVEL doesn't work

by Terry 81 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Let me ask you an honest question. Do you take drugs?

yes.

i guess that you believe this lessens my ability to grow in ways that you (and whatever intellectual culture you belong to) value? if this is the case, let me remind you that "thinking" itself, is a chemical addiction in your own brain, mind, ego, and by extension, body.

The problem with transporting is the annhilation process. The heuristic to process the inventory of your part constituency would be on the order of magnititude beyond compehension. That would be at BOTH ends of the transport process. You can't store that sort of device in the trunk of your car.

terry, this is, like, from a different thread man. anyways, i am so happy to know that you are not into the past or the future, and rather the only thing that is, the now. good for you! i knew you'd come around. baby steps for everyone! ;) tetra

• new boy
    new boy

What if there is no such thing as time!

And everything is happening in the same instant!

The the one and only eternal moment!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>'People become what they think they are, or what they find others think they are.' Free will, in other words, is not the capacity to do something but the capacity to know that something is being done in your name.

Or put another way, we don't HAVE free will, but we LOOK to all observers as if we do. And we are also observers of ourselves. We see ourselves apparently making decisions and conclude that we had the free will we assume would be necessary to make them.

Sorry to continue with this seemingly off-topic sub-thread, but this thread seems a little free-wheeling. And of course, it's not my fault -- it's a deterministic world, after all!

Dave of the "pass the bong" class

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

dave bro! good to see ya man....

(puff puff)

tetra

(4600 posts, and i am still talking about cannabis. jeez. ha ha! what a stoner i am!)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    LOOK to all observers as if we do.

All we are sofware after all.

Quit bogarting AAalt

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Terry,

I have found that the best form of time travel is a funnel, a bottle of scotch and a sense of nostaligia. The Funnel Solution?

HS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    All we are sofware after all.

computo ergo sum. that is certainly the simplest explanation, though i am wondering lately. but it's all good, whatever the case.

hey man! :)

tetra

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Quit bogarting AA

Oooo! That reminds me! [Long, rambling, off-topic comment]

[Various shout-outs]

[Recipe for Nut Fudge Brownies renamed to "Quantum Squares" to make the post seem relevant]

Dave of the [final, pun-ish attempt to appear on topic] class

P.S. - Hey Tetra, Dude!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Terry,

Your comments and analysis are interesting, and from the prespective presented, you have a good point. The definition of time travel may be lacking here. For example, Einsteins theory of Special Relativity allows for "skipping" existing time, in a sense, and arrive at a future time. This concept does not mess with matter and energy, but simply warps time so that existing matter and energy are displaced to a future time ... so this would fit with the hypothesis that matter and energy are neven created nor destroyed.

ON the other hand, traveling back in time may also be possible. The concept of how this could be accomplished is far more difficult to explain, if at all. I believe that it is possible, however, but I would not openly develop that here. I would rather do so in a copyright paper that is submitted for peer review and acceptance in the scientific community. I have written a paper on this topic, but choose not to submit it at this time.

Jim Whitney

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There better not be time travel, otherwise we might have the classic bad wolf scenario.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit