Apology to all

by wozadummy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Rabbit - As you probably know, religous fixations are a common element of manic episodes. This is true even for those who have never had any involvement with religion previously. This makes JW kids even more vulnerable. (Speaking from our own personal experiences with a young adult child with Bi-polar disorder.)

• Scully
    Scully

wozadummy writes:

What if I complained that I was born this way with "cherbal in my butt" fetish ,supposedly caused by my dna and too many fluffy teddies in my crib ,would I get the same [sympathetic] response from all here

and also writes:

This is an apology to all for my recent posts, I did'nt mean to upset anyone . Just coping with leaving the org ,and the past ,and trying to support my wife who, as some know from my prevoius posts has tried to deal with her pedophile Elder(past) father for many years now thru the org ,and then being badly treated by them and her large extended family (most are witnesses and are trying to silence her), made me hit rock bottom. We are now taking action via the police and court system and she is barely coping ,and me being bi-polar does'nt help matters much and I fell into to an unreal state for a while as we don't have much support of any kind. I guess those that suffer this disorder may understand what I'm tring to say. Any way I'm a bit better now and came back from the brink again of checking out. Again thanks for opportunity to apologise and I'll still follow this site with interest and learn alot and be encouraged but I'll try to be more balanced in the future by filtering my scrambled thoughts. Steve

It's interesting how a situation that is the result of a biological, genetic, "I was born this way" condition is your trump card for your previously stated nasty attitude toward homosexuals. How is it possible that you can't understand homosexuality to be a genetic condition rather than a conscious choice? Because if you can excuse your vile behaviour with your genetic trump card, it certainly stands to reason that a genetic case for homosexuality is a distinct possibility. If you are going to insist that homosexuality is a personal choice, then you're going to have to accept full responsibility for your choice to spew the hateful attitude you displayed, rather than blaming it on a condition you "were born with".

I certainly empathize with your situation, and I do believe you when you say that you have a condition that causes you to act in a way that you do not wish to behave. What I would hope you could learn from this experience is that you aren't the only person on the planet, or have the only genetic "condition" that sometimes takes choices away from you.

Glad you decided to stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit