WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT......???????

by Terry 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    Let me ask you an honest question. Do you take drugs?

yes.

i guess that you believe this lessens my ability to grow in ways that you (and whatever intellectual culture you belong to) value? if this is the case, let me remind you that "thinking" itself, is a chemical addiction in your own brain, mind, ego, and by extension, body.

My point is that people using drugs have a different bookkeeping system than those who do not take drugs. It is like issuing a different currency and trying to buy stuff with it. The money looks good to you, but, mainstream banks call a cop when it shows up there.

Your posts contain content which is like passing money you made yourself in Photoshop. They look pretty darned good. But......umm...er......

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    'splain, Lucy!

hey dude!

do you ever have a little voice in your head that helps you walk through problems you come upon? if you do, you're not alone, it's a hallmark of self consciousness. but "mentally ill" people also have a little voice, or several. there's not a huge difference between the two, especially if the problem is so perplexing that you catch yourself talking to yourself.

have you ever noticed that the little voice beats you down sometimes? this creates a physical response in the body called emotions, which in turn feed the little voice in your head who is already beating you down. and the vicious circle of mind and emotions develop.

logic is a tool of the mind. i would call it foolish to think that it exists outside of your mind. if you want to learn to use it as the way cool tool that it is, then fine. but remember, it's just means to an end, not the end itself. you can step outside of it, use it if you want, solve "problems" with it. just don't impose it on others, considering that it then becomes a doctrine, and the imposer an evangelist.

one way only? no thanks. i'll take them all. :)

cheers,

tetra

• gumby
    gumby
    My point is that people using drugs have a different bookkeeping system than those who do not take drugs.

Blasphemy! Heresy! Baloney!

You'd be surprised how many geniuses use drugs, world leaders included. Hitler used drugs and looky at him! I'm on drugs right now and look how smart I am. Sometimes the smarter you are, the dummer you are. I suggest Terry take some drugs to reduce those big boobs he has.

Gumstein

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Your posts contain content which is like passing money you made yourself in Photoshop. They look pretty darned good. But......umm...er......

cool. so you are saying that you have the nature of reality pegged down? wow! i am in awe of you terry. i mean, this must be what you are really saying, since you call my content fabricated. the insinuation is that you are bang on and i'm bang off, as if there were some manifestly real scale of measurement that even comes close to including my experience and knowledge!

well, good for you. finally taking the apes out of darkness, and into the light of reducing materialism. finally! the end of evolution! why yes, since in your worldview, everything will eventually be categorized and filed away because you have the truth, and absolute certainty.

love you terry! you should know that, my bruva from anotha muva!

but...

what the hell is the point!

positive rasta vibrations of ini-versalness to you terry,

tetra

ps: i agree. we are using different currencies. if you ever end up where i am (remember who you're talking to terry. go back through my 4000+ posts if you have forgfotten), and you need to borrow a couple of bucks, no problem. look me up. i'm around still.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Terry:

As for myself I think reality is all we have, but; our prejudices distort a clear view and our longings and desires push us to distort our interior view into a kind of wishful-thinking.

Yes, of course, reality/actuality/truth is all there really IS, and so it is our true Identity, what we really are. However there is much untrue which appears to be. So it's a matter of recognizing what is a lie, seeing through it, and what remains is true and real.

In an extremely filtered (via memory, prejudices, longings, desires, beliefs, etc) process the mind interprets sensations and movement and weaves a "life story" around a point. The point being the "self", which is nothing but an extension of the story, a mind generated finite "individual" manufactured to give a sense of cohesion to the "life story". This story could include magical mystical experiences, or be more mundane as to whatever the filters allow through. It's important to acutely and nonjudgmentally watch the mind and see first hand that everything it presents is thickly tinted interpretation tightly supporting the continually running, underlying story of "self", and that "self's" relationship to it's universe. Everything the mind offers which it labels "reality" is only a feeble rendering and not real at all. It's all a lie. The biggest lie of all is the "me". Don't take my word for it. If there is a deep interest and longing for REALITY, watch the mind tenaciously weave it's story to continue the seeming "reality" of it's precious main character which the mind comes to unquestionably identify with. To witness this is like dying under extreme awareness.

Via sober and acute nonjudgmental investigation and observation, all which is false can be identified. What remains is not a story or experience. It is the conscious pristine purity of Reality and Truth. It is closer than experiences. It is what you really and truly are. No beliefs here. No mysticism. No story. No questions or confusion. Conscious-reality, closer and unimaginably more real than any and all experiences.

The door is always open. The time is always now and the place is always here. No one or no thing, is excluded. Discover the Reality of Self, and so too is discovered the Reality of all.

j

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Yes, of course, reality/actuality/truth is all there really IS, and so it is our true Identity, what we really are. However there is much untrue which appears to be. So it's a matter of recognizing what is a lie, seeing through it, and what remains is true and real."

The problem with this statement is that there is an intrinsic value being placed upon the very "human" concept of "true and real".

Examine carefully the premise upon which the motivation for attaining "true" and "real" is based. Nothing more than human-defined idealism.

At best, what is true is that which we assume exists in the phenomenal world. Unfortunately, there is no escaping the confines of the noumenal (and cortically generated) internal world. To exist, is to accept that the 'truth' of what exists beyond our physically determined perceptions will be perpetually and inexhorably beyond our reach. At the very best, we can approximate our "version" of truth and reality in order to engage in adaptive human behaviour, but what remains within the human mind, can never be "true" or "real" in any phenomenal sense.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Actually Kid-A, there is a problem with all words as they are interpretorial tools of the mind.

what remains within the human mind, can never be "true" or "real"

Yes, I was attempting to say just that; but is the mind the beginning and end of all things? It's popular to believe that it is so, and the mind would certainly accept a place of ultimate supremacy. But is it true?

I am feebly attempting to point to what comes before the mind. It can not be explained. It has to be seen first hand. Only then does what the word reality point to, come into the forefront of conscious realisation. It is not something experienced as something happening to you, it is not thought, or conceptual. it's not an objective thing or phenomena. It's what you are.

Words are inadequate, and this mind has much trouble with them to begin with.

j

• Gregor
    Gregor

When I think of how much ganja was burned to create the posts on this thread it boggles my mind.

• gumby
    gumby

When I think of how much ganja was burned to create the posts on this thread it boggles my mind.
    Not really Gregor.....it only took me like 3 hits to post. Gumganja

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Man broke God's heart when he ate of the tree of knowledge

God wept

God turned His back on man

God wept

God could not stop loving man

God wept

God allowed His son to be tortured and killed for man

God wept

"Boy, what a cry-baby!"