WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT......???????

by Terry 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

WHAT THE HELL is the point......?

1.UNDESERVED kindness

Ask yourself why you don't DESERVE kindness. If God says you don't DESERVE something and he gives it to you anyway...who is conflicted here?? Who is breaking their own moral code? Who is violating what justice is all about? In short, it makes no frickin' sense! It would be like pardoning a criminal just to be nice. "Okay Muggsie, you can go now. We know you murdered a cop, but; we're giving you a break because...umm...well, we're just very nice!"

2. ARMAGEDDON

God didn't kill Adam and Eve even though he promised he would. He let them breed, for heaven's sakes! God wanted to give the unborn a chance to DECIDE on important issues and he'd reserve judgment until later. That would be fair. God was just trying to be fair....right? No, you moron! Allowing defective children to be born is not fair! Allowing billions of kids to experience pain, suffering, ignorance, poverty and disease isn't fair either. On what basis would morally defective humans make such important choices anyway? The problem with this explanation is that Adam and Eve had UNCONCEIVED children before they had UNBORN children. It is only because Jehovah didn't step in and stop the conception of doomed children that we have the doctrine of ARMAGEDDON.

3.RANSOM SACRIFICE

Let's see if I have this straight....

Humans don't deserve to live because they are born sinful. Jesus was not sinful; he was perfect. So, the innocent guy, Jesus, has to suffer capitol punishment while the guilty people get off scott free, right?? This is justice?

Oh, it is a kind of tit-for-tat exchange, you say. Adam was perfect and caused sin in his kids so Jesus can offer to die FOR Adam and become our stepDAD instead. Huh? Or, umm, maybe...letting the innocent die as well as the sinful is just what Jehovah gets off on.

Look at it this way. God decided to consider humans unworthy of life. Then, he came up with a whacked out plan to decide to consider humans worthy of life. But, truthfully, it all comes down to God changing his mind this way and that. If it weren't for the way Jehovah was thinking we wouldn't need death or a ransom in the first place.

Apparently, God's sense of morality is twisted like a corkscrew.

OR.....

ALL THE ABOVE are nonsensical because somebody made it all up in the first place!

Yeah, that's what I just said. Maybe God isn't an idiot after all! Wouldn't that be weird?

What if every single shred of theology is just hair-brained imagination passed off as an "explanation" of why the world is the way it is.

What if humanity is and always has been on its own to make its own way? What if things are just in our own hands and we have to shape up to bale out? Wouldn't that be scary and refreshing and just?

That's kind of what I figure.

God, if you're out there....maybe you are so vastly superior in every way it is impossible for our brain to wrap around what you are and why you created the spark of life. Maybe your sense of Justice is really Justice after all. You let things take their course and what happens is a case of "it is what it is".

Otherwise...

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT...???

• daystar
    daystar

1. Control.

2. Control.

3. Control.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Its called UNDESERVED kindness, yet we are supposedly worth more than many sparrows. Which is it? Crazy, conflicting standards.

tsof

• lowden
    lowden

Indeed!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

What if every single shred of theology is just hair-brained imagination passed off as an "explanation" of why the world is the way it is.

What if humanity is and always has been on its own to make its own way? What if things are just in our own hands and we have to shape up to bale out? Wouldn't that be scary and refreshing and just?

Thats my conclusion.

tsof

• lowden
    lowden

What's more, it takes a twisted mind to believe in twisted things.

All religion based on the patriarchal writings requires a twisted, pathetic and perverted mind to give it the power it now holds over millions of people.

Peace

Lowden

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Exactly. If it can be thought or spoken, it's not IT; and the Bible and all other "holy" books and beliefs systems are nothing but words and thoughts: the minds extremely feeble attempts at explaining what it can not explain. The conclusion that it is all a dead end, is a valuable lesson to learn.

Which begs the question: if not in words and thoughts, where?

What comes before all words and thoughts? What does all knowledge of existence rely upon? What is closer than words and thoughts? What way is so narrow that it is traveled alone? How deep does the intimate, silent vastness of being and existing, go? Who/what are you, really?

j

• mavie
    mavie

Listen, I don't believe this crap, but I have to respond to this in order to be fair. Flame away.

2. ARMAGEDDON

God didn't kill Adam and Eve even though he promised he would. He let them breed, for heaven's sakes! God wanted to give the unborn a chance to DECIDE on important issues and he'd reserve judgment until later. That would be fair. God was just trying to be fair....right? No, you moron! Allowing defective children to be born is not fair! Allowing billions of kids to experience pain, suffering, ignorance, poverty and disease isn't fair either. On what basis would morally defective humans make such important choices anyway? The problem with this explanation is that Adam and Eve had UNCONCEIVED children before they had UNBORN children. It is only because Jehovah didn't step in and stop the conception of doomed children that we have the doctrine of ARMAGEDDON.

Actually, JW's teach that God allowed the human race to procreate and continue on because the issue of universal sovreignty was raised in the Garden of Eden. If God had wiped out Adam and Eve, it would be admitting that Satan was right, humans wouldn't choose to serve God. I'm just saying....

It's a myth, but let's get our facts correct anyhoo.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    "Okay Muggsie, you can go now. We know you murdered a cop, but; we're giving you a break because...umm...well, we're just very nice!"

Or it could be that you're watching too many James Cagney movies.....?

For me, I go with what I can see and verify or seems logical (to me). But I hope like hell that there is a point.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The point is extortion/blackmail/slavery..You`d get thrown in jail for this,unless your a religion..If your a relgion you get tax exemptions...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit