Ha ha ha ha ha.......huh?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    huh?

ya, you know man. you.

tetra

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    2.It's all inside us and we must release it.

anyways, this isn't even a mystical point of view really. sounds pretty material to me. i would say that most mystic traditions say that these things, including knowledge, come from without, not within.

material blessings of objective ever classifying self-reducing wonder! yay team!

tetra

• Terry
    Terry
    anyways, this isn't even a mystical point of view really. sounds pretty material to me. i would say that most mystic traditions say that these things, including knowledge, come from without, not within.

Mystics usually have a teacher, guru, shaman, priest, adept, enlightened master or whatever who utters paradoxical sayings which serve to unhinge the mind from logic. It disables one's anchor points enough to enable the student to finally just go with the flow. It is a kind of surrender of analysis.

There is little that is "material" in mere assertions, koans, paradoxes, chants, etc.

• Gregor
    Gregor

" Mystics usually have a teacher, guru, shaman, priest, adept, enlightened master or whatever who utters paradoxical sayings which serve to unhinge the mind from logic. It disables one's anchor points enough to enable the student to finally just go with the flow. It is a kind of surrender of analysis. "

Kind of like going to a chiropracter?

• Terry
    Terry
    Mystics usually have a teacher, guru, shaman, priest, adept, enlightened master or whatever who utters paradoxical sayings which serve to unhinge the mind from logic. It disables one's anchor points enough to enable the student to finally just go with the flow. It is a kind of surrender of analysis. "

Kind of like going to a chiropracter?

Especially the manipulation!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    who utters paradoxical sayings which serve to unhinge the mind from logic.

ha ha! terry, it's only paradoxical when approached with the mind. paradox is the sum of duality. and duality is a thing of the material mind. do dualities exist outside of our minds? if you SAY so! do you think all knowing ends with the mind? if yes, then, yes, duality would be a finality, and self consciousness would be the pinnacle of our psycho-evolutionary process. except, evolution doesn't end. so don't slam people who attempt other ways of knowing, other than the material. they're just branches on a tree for heavens sake man. if materialism wins, then it will have won at its own game. at which time you can give yourself a big pat on the back, because you'd be the only one around to do so. oh, and yes, of course i'd be happy for you.

tetra

• gumby
    gumby

Terry.......you apostate bastard! Everyone knows that gods ways are not mans ways......even though we were created in his image. One-a-these-days yer gonna see god face to face and he's gonna make you wear a bra to cover up your saggy boobs.

• Terry
    Terry

ha ha! terry, it's only paradoxical when approached with the mind. paradox is the sum of duality. and duality is a thing of the material mind. do dualities exist outside of our minds? if you SAY so! do you think all knowing ends with the mind? if yes, then, yes, duality would be a finality, and self consciousness would be the pinnacle of our psycho-evolutionary process. except, evolution doesn't end. so don't slam people who attempt other ways of knowing, other than the material. they're just branches on a tree for heavens sake man. if materialism wins, then it will have won at its own game. at which time you can give yourself a big pat on the back, because you'd be the only one around to do so. oh, and yes, of course i'd be happy for you.

tetra

A lovely example of chasing the white rabbit down the rabbithole if ever I read one!

You see, it is purposeless to employ words when words do not represent common referents. (Utterly without purpose unless you are a poet surfing sound for sound's sake.)

It would be like using numbers which don't represent quantity within the context of a standard.

Talking about "knowing" implies there is something to be known.

You ask a slippery question: "Do you thinking all knowing ends with the mind?" Knowing is what is DONE with the MIND. So, yes! It is the sly toying with __concepts__floating without definition which makes this trick appear to work.

"Don't slam people who attempt other ways of knowing, other than the material." You say.

Slam?

How can I slam people who are confused about what their mind does?

Existence exists. But, only through things as such. Thinking about virtual "things" does not impart actuality.

Materialism is not defined by you in your statement. But, it seems to have an odor in your nostrils. One can almost sense a sneer of sorts. But, I might direct your attention to the fact that only the material exists. So, if one is materialistic one is dealing with things as they really are. Are you somehow implying that unreality and non-existence are superior in some way? Then, we should all dwell in our dreamworld.

I don't slam people who desire to live in a dreamworld. Dreamworlds are in every way ideal and fit us most excellently. The fact those ideal constituencies don't exist would put a damper on things only if one were lucid enough to know it.

Being aware is a reality only when you have your metaphoricals separate from your actuals.

Goofy mystical sentences which treat subject and verb, noun and direct object whimsically--corrupt communication. It ends rational analysis for a very good reason. There is a disconnect between mind and referent. This is done deliberately to enable the one writing or speaking to jerk the listener or reader loose from his moorings. You are then at their mercy!

I always say to the mystic, "You deny that material objects are important, but, you always exit the room through the door."

• kid-A
    kid-A

"and he's gonna make you wear a bra to cover up your saggy boobs."

LMAO !!! But is it the "Bro" or "Mansierre"???? LOL.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit