WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT......???????

by Terry 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I have a lot of trouble with most of the "bible" teachings I learned. I can't say this is the way I'll always feel, but for now I'm sick and tired of how much emphasis is placed on the ideas brought out by this book. I dedicated my life to the things I was taught from it and so have a bunch of other people and if you brought us all together to compare notes we'd probably all have a different explanation of what we believe.

If there's a message in the bible, I think it's simply that god has no need to put his thoughts down on paper. His works are much easier to see and read in person. I can tell by looking at nature that god has a sense of humor, that he has a well-honed sense of beauty, that he's very efficient, and other things. Whereas nature describes a god I feel drawn to, the bible leaves me feeling depressed. Too many heinous acts have been justified by what's written inside it. Even many of the stories it contains describe blood-thirsty servants of its god showcasing their bloodthirstiness.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Man broke God's heart when he ate of the tree of knowledge

God wept

God turned His back on man

God wept

God could not stop loving man

God wept

God allowed His son to be tortured and killed for man

God wept

• bernadette
    bernadette

Terry/JamesThomas

All is well and good with this system until we attempt to step out of the finite, particle, phenomenal, thought world -- into the foundational or Wave reality. The Bible is suppose to be about the ultimate Truth, our Source, the Wave that gives birth to all particles of people places and things. The Bible doesn't do this though. It can't. It instead offers up a grand fictitious drama of particles in the form of isolated characters and events. It's not at all what it presents itself to be. It's a lie. One of the biggest lies ever told. It's a particle pretending to be a wave. A charade.

Don't want to sidetrack the thread but want to know if there is a sort of dummies guide to wave reality with respect to what we are discussing

thanks

bernadette

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think that God is manmade, like all the other Gods.

I do believe there must be some kind of creator, although my mind does not fully grasp it, just as my mind does not fully grasp, everything evolving from one atom.

But Nature is real and tangible, it is alive and ever changing. It is to be respected, loved and cherished.

I do hope some day, mankind will look back and see how superstitious this all has been. Few that think out of the box, realize it already.

Christians are victims of their own manmade God. The fairytale, the script, the magic.

It's the blaming game too. It's much easier to blame "God" for everything, than to look at things very realistically and see the power and wisdom, love, and justice we have within.

Sometimes I think that is the whole secret of the bible. In all its freaky stories and symbolisms, we learn it, only to realise it is not really true.

We do have what it takes to make anything happen, we were created that way. If we must have a GOD, lets invent another one.

purps

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

mavie:

Actually, JW's teach that God allowed the human race to procreate and continue on because the issue of universal sovreignty was raised in the Garden of Eden. If God had wiped out Adam and Eve, it would be admitting that Satan was right, humans wouldn't choose to serve God. I'm just saying....

Except Satan was right. Not 100% right, granted, but a very good show of 99.9% according to JWs. So, after 6000 years of God running a bet with the devil, making up the rules as he went along, and cheating, he loses anyway by a factor of 1000 to 1. Will he accept defeat graciously? Not a bit of it. He's going to destroy Satan who won the bet, and all those who either used their free will or were tricked into following Satan, and then he's going to declare himself the winner. Not much of a sportsman, is he?

Tigerman:

Man broke God's heart when he ate of the tree of knowledge

God wept

God turned His back on man

God wept

God could not stop loving man

God wept

God allowed His son to be tortured and killed for man

God wept

Boy, what a cry-baby!

• Terry
    Terry
    What comes before all words and thoughts? What does all knowledge of existence rely upon? What is closer than words and thoughts? What way is so narrow that it is traveled alone? How deep does the intimate, silent vastness of being and existing, go? Who/what are you, really?

There have always been only two theories.

1.All knowledge comes from our sense's attempt to fashion a coherent conceptual map of the world by encountering the reality around us.

2.It's all inside us and we must release it.

As for myself I think reality is all we have, but; our prejudices distort a clear view and our longings and desires push us to distort our interior view into a kind of wishful-thinking.

In other words we deal with reality when we have no other choice but to face it. Otherwise, we concoct our particular fantasy world of how the world is and try to live inside it.

God talk makes idiots of us all.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Terry, Awesome points! How warped is the notion that humans don't deserve kindness. Why, God reluctantly giv es us kindness even though us losers don't deserve a shred of it. How can any human be drawn to love a God like that? What if parents decided to treat their children in a similar way? We can be sure that we would be raising future sociopaths, psychopaths and criminals. Children need to be shown unconditional love and kindness to aid in their development and social skills and their self worth. I believe like you Terry that all those notions that you raised in your post were notions made up by men to keep control over others. I don't believe that God is anything like the God that is portrayed in the scriptures. Thanks for the great points. Mr. Shakita

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

God-talk? hey man, you're the one who brought it up....

only two hey? ok.

anitar,

It's hard to explain in words what they believed, but suffice it to say that it might be superior to our modern way of life.

big-up amen bro!

tetra

• Terry
    Terry

God-talk? hey man, you're the one who brought it up....

only two hey? ok.

When I say God talk makes idiots of us all I mean we can't ever be factual, but; we end up defending our view as though there are facts involved. This is a kind of idiocy which has plagued history.

The two theories are the basis for all SUBSEQUENT views.

Can you name a third theory other than:

1. Rational

2.Mystical

????????

One uses reason, reality, fact, proof, demostration, prediction and falsifiability.

The other uses internal speculation, meditation, ritual, psychobabble and mere assertion dressed up with exotic language like "energy", "awareness", "transcendance", and other rubbery metaphor.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ha ha ha! terry! you most amazing arrangement of molecules!

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit